1.3 - Late night talk

They had been sitting on the grass for a while, neither of them keeping track of time or caring about the fact that the sun was starting to set.

Mary was sitting on Luke's lap, her back against his chest, her head in the crook of his neck.

Luke had his arms around Mary and held his guitar so it was leaning against Mary.

Every once in a while Luke would start to play a new song.

At the moment he was playing "Stacy's mom" by Fountains of Wayne.

''Are you trying to send me a message here Luke?'' Mary laughed out, ''Are you out after my mom?''

''Shut up.'' Luke responded, laughing as well.

Mary was eager to know more about Luke, so when he had finished with Stacy's mom (no pun intended) she asked him; ''What's your last name?"

''Hemmings, Luke Hemmings.'' Luke said, imitating James Bond.

Luke bent his head forward, nibbling on Mary's ear and kissing down the side of her neck down to where it met her shoulder.

He pushed the sleeve of Mary's T-shirt down her arm and started playfully biting her shoulder.

''Are you a vampire?'' Mary snickered, ''Like Edwa-''

''If you're gonna compare me to Edward Cullen,'' Luke interrupted Mary, ''I'm gonna have to punish you.''

''Oh yeah, what are you gonna do, spank me?'' Mary scoffed, a smirk lingering on her face.

''I might have to.'' Luke replied, his smile reaching his eyes.

His mouth leaving vague marks on Mary's neck and shoulder. Her skin was made for hickeys, Luke thought.

''Kinky.'' Mary said, which made both of them break into a fit of laughter.

''So what's your last name?'' Luke asked the same question back.

''Jackson, Mary Jackson.'' Mary replied.

Luke bit down on Mary's ear, ''Don't use my pun.''

''What are you going to do about it?'' Mary playfully asked, ''Spank me for real this time?''

''Yes.'' Luke answered.

''You're just words, no actions.'' Mary sighed out in a joking matter.

What was Luke supposed to do, he couldn't really spank Mary, he wasn't that kind of guy.

He didn't even understand how he dared touch Mary and bite her the way he did now.

''Shut up.'' Luke muttered embarrassed, burying his face in Mary's hair, he honestly was just words, no actions.

''Any siblings?'' Mary asked when she figured out Luke's uncomfortableness when he stopped nibbling on her skin.

And that's the way they continued rest of the night, the sun already down, replaced by the moon.

Both continued to ask questions to each other and answer them, Luke still singing and playing the guitar, both still playfully kissing and embarrassing each other.

After hours of this both of them started to get sleepy.

''Want to get up to my room?'' Mary asked, ''My parents can't get angry now.''

Luke still weary of Mary's parents shook his head, ''Let's go to my place instead, no one's home.''

Luke's home laid half an hour away from Mary's by foot. He lived there with his parents since both of his two older brothers already had moved out.

Mary and Luke couldn't take Mary's car to his place since Kate still had it, it wasn't anything weird.

Mary and Kate borrowed everything from each other, even cars.

On their way there Mary casually said, ''I actually have a guitar.''

''You do?'' Luke asked surprised.

''Yeah, but it's in my closet, collecting dust.'' Mary shrugged.

She and her sister were supposed to learn to play the guitar together but every time they tried it just ended up in them fighting. So after a try or two they stopped, that's how most thing ended with them.

''I can't play though.'' She continued.

Luke wondered if he should tell Mary about his band, he figured that Mary was different from the other girls.

''I can teach you, I actually play in a band with my three best friends.'' Luke admitted.

''You do?'' Mary was now the one to ask, surprised.

''Yeah.'' Luke muttered, slightly embarrassed and afraid of Mary's thoughts.

''Oh god, that's so cool,'' Mary said excited after she had let this new info about Luke sink in, ''So fucking cool.''

''You think?'' Luke asked, a hint of suspicion in his voice.

''Yeah, obviously.'' Mary said happily, still excited over the fact that Luke was in a fucking band.

Luke was relieved, Luke was so fucking relieved.

Mary wasn't as the other girls.

Luke wasn't as the other guys.

-

Has anyone figured out where I can buy a Luke yet? It's an emergency.

I always have a hard time choosing a title for the chapters.