3.4 - Fighting

The silence in the room grew louder and louder. Luke looked over at Mary as if maybe she knew what was going on, and Kate was looking at Calum for the exact same reason.

When Mary did everything she could to avoid having eye contact with Luke, Luke took matter in own hands and went over to where Calum and Kate was standing.

"Calum," Luke said, with a confused look, "why haven't you told me about this?" He asked, gesturing towards his best friend and Mary's best friend, who apparently was Calum's girlfriend as well.

"Well.." Calum mumbled, "I honestly don't know Luke, you've been distant and I have barely met you these last days."

"That's a shit reason Calum, I literally were with you like.. two days ago." Luke said with strangled breaths.

"And all you talked about was Mary," Calum said harshly, "Mary Mary Mary." He said with a mocking tone.

"Fuck you, mate." Luke said back, really close to losing his shit.

"No, fuck you!" Calum shouted, going over to Luke and pushing him slightly back with his hands on Luke's chest.

"I'm out!" Luke shouted out, "fuck this."

And with that said, Luke went past Kate and Calum and walked out of the house, regretting even going to Kate's place with Mary. And that's when he remembered that Mary had also been there and that he had basically left her alone.

But Luke wasn't going to turn back because that would make this whole shit turn even more awkward. So Luke continued walking down the street, looking back every once in a while to see if maybe Calum had started to run after him to apologise (he hadn't).

Luke felt like shit and still he didn't regret the things he had said to Calum, to his fucking best friend that hadn't told Luke that he had a girlfriend.

He kept walking even though he didn't even know where he was by now, he looked around the neighbourhood after fifteen minutes of just walking and Luke finally admitted that he was lost. Great, could this day get any worse?

Apparently it could because after five more minutes of walking his flip flops decided to break and since Luke was still angry he decided to throw them in the nearest bin.

Fuck this day.

So there Luke was, walking barefoot in a neighbourhood he had never been to before with no idea of what to do.

After another ten minutes of Luke walking in the burning heat his phone decided to remind Luke that it existed by ringing. See, Luke was so out of it that he didn't even think about calling for help or using the map to navigate his way home.

Luke took up his phone from his pocket and saw that Mary was the one calling. Luke knew that he had no reason to be mad at Mary (except for the fact that she didn't run after Luke when she saw how hurt he was, Luke tried to not think about that though) but he couldn't get himself to answer the call.

Not even a minute later his phone buzzed with a message from Mary.

From: The only one

Luke, where are you?? You're not at your house??

Luke, being the asshole he was, decided to ignore the message and instead decided to use the map on his phone to see how far from home he was.

It would be a twenty minute walk according to his phone and Luke swore that if he walked for even five more minutes he would collapse on the ground.

That's why Luke decided to call the first person he could think of who actually had a car, Michael.

-

Not even sorry.

Comment and vote to let me know what you think of this chapter.