"Kira, are you here?" She called out.

"Of course." Came Kira's answer. When Alison turned her head, Kira was standing next to her, with a look of concern written on her face. She wasn't wearing her cloak, which meant she had rushed out of the house to come when she sensed Alison's discomfort. "Are you ill?"

"Why didn't you ever give me your blood?" Alison asked.

"You were young back then, and I wasn't sure if you were already immortal." Kira explained looking a little nervous, now realizing that it was her fault Alison felt uncomfortable.

"It's not about giving me immortality. If it means so much to vampires, then why didn't you give it to me?"

Kira blinked before kneeling beside the werewolf. "Why does it bother you so much?"

"Am I still your mate? You went through rejection right? Doesn't that mean you're not mine anymore?"

Kira took hold of Alison's hands, and the wolf moved so she was seated with her legs crossed as she looked up at the vampire who was still on her knees. "I went through rejection because my body thought you had rejected me when you were in shock. I knew this wasn't the case. You and I are still very much mated."

"Then why didn't you ever let me have your blood?"

Kira's expression fell as she looked towards their intertwined hands, gently rubbing her thumb over the back of Alison's hand.

"I don't trust myself."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm worried if I give you my blood, I might want you to be enthralled, or treat you like you are." Kira explained.

"You wouldn't do that though."

"I don't know if I would. It might turn out fine, and we'll come out of it stronger than we've ever been. Or it could back fire, and I might treat you horribly."

"Why doesn't Aviri think about these things? Why do they bother you so much?"

"Aviri doesn't know how to brood." Kira confessed. "She has Peredite to take away all her misfortune."

"And you don't?"

"I killed my best friend because I couldn't control myself. I actually wanted to kill her. Then I lost you." Kira's eyes looked back up into Alison's, revealing a broken soul behind them. It was apparent that she was fighting back tears, making her glowing, watery eyes look like shattered glass. "I'm terrified that it'll happen again."

"I won't leave. I won't hurt you again! I'd rather die than do it again!" Alison retorted. "I want us to be a thing again. I wish there was some way I could prove that."

"I know. I know you won't do it on purpose. But you didn't the first time either."

"Kira." Alison called, getting the vampire to turn her head away again. "It's not going to happen again. But don't you think that if we were connected that it couldn't happen again?"

Kira's head snapped back up. "But what if-"

"I don't care about 'what if's'!" Alison retorted, the shout getting Kira to shrink back a bit. "The only thing I care about, is you Kira. I don't want you to get scared and throw me in an alternate dimension. I don't want you to think I rejected you, and I don't want you to be scared of me anymore." Alison tightened her grip on the vampire's hands. "I want to be here for you, forever."

"The years we've been apart might not have been kind to you, but every single night I've relived my memories as dreams, and I've seen how much you cared, and how close we were. I know we can get back there, but it's going to take effort. And you always thinking of the worst case scenario isn't going to make it any easier. We're not going to wake up tomorrow and be madly in love. The love we had was different before. It didn't take any effort, we just were." Alison sighed. "Because we always knew we were gonna be together. But that's not how love really works is it? It takes patience and effort, and it hurts sometimes... but it always comes back in the end."