My research on his F.RAMIREZ INVESTMENTS were enough to prove that looking on how many businesses he had plucked out of the hands of other tycoons appearing like their last hope, capitalizing on their damage and bankruptcy then turning it into the thriving business they never had the ambition to achieve.

They were alike.....the snake and the eagle.....merciless, tenacious, commanding, deceptive....but who was the real villain here. The predator turned prey or the predator in its unhidden majesty?

Anthony led me down to the black and gold decorated hall and I bit my lip in nervousness. ''Keep it together Melissa, stand tall'' I thought and lifted up my head, giving Anthony a smile as heads turned and awed at the sight of the two of us.

One step after another, I grazed the floor gracefully whilst Anthony's thumb softly brushed on my hand as they were entwined. No words were needed, I understood him perfectly.

Turning the edges of my lips into the brightest smile I could muster, we walked over to extend greetings to the Roseburns, the owners a four star hotel that try to climb up the luxury ladder each year yet fall short as though a step higher guarantees a deadly venomous bite.

''My word, look who it is darling, Mr. Ramirez in flesh with a lovely lady wrapped around his arm. Congratulations on your marriage. '' Mr. Roseburn, quite old and wrinkly beamed at us and I instantly smiled sincerely at his warm expression.

''This is my wife, Melissa. Melissa, this is Mr. Walter Roseburn and his beautiful wife Mrs. Garnet Roseburn.'' Anthony introduced us and I smiled as I shook their hands, his wife as beautiful as Anthony called her.

''It's a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Roseburn'' I said and wrapped my arm around Anthony's once more.

''Call me Garnet! Why, aren't they a perfect match, Wally dear? What wonderful babies they'd make'' Mrs. Roseburn, now Garnet to me cooed and I could feel the heat rise up once more. I tried to hide my flustered expression but nothing was working in my favor.

With my arm still wrapped around his, I felt him tense up a bit before retaining his posture and I couldn't help but wonder if he actually liked what he heard...I mean us, he and I having kids...what a sight to behold.

''And let me guess, you're going to suggest we name our daughter after a rare jewel such as yourself?" Anthony suddenly asked and I immediately glanced at him, then cleared my throat.

''Now come on sonny boy, you're going to steal my wife at this rate! You youngsters run along. Garnet and I will be here enjoying the show from far away. Hopefully we might get to taste those éclairs you can't stop talking about '' Mr. Roseburn shooed us whilst turning to his wife adoringly and picked something off the sleeve of the black dress she wore.

We waved them good bye and turned away to greet a few others, none as loving as the Roseburns though but I couldn't stop it admire how much they loved each other. I wanted their kind of love, love that pulls through the thick and thin.

I looked back at Anthony involuntarily and he turned to me with a smile as I gently placed my head against his arm, a rush of sentiment overpowering me.

Just when I thought things were going smoothly, an all too familiar voice set me on edge.

''Hello Melissa, Tony ol' boy, glad you could make it old friend. Looking rather dashing with those honors, aren't you Ramirez?" Chase taunted as he approached us.

His suit was an eye catching dark burgundy with a faint design of the dahlia all over it, his hair was gelled back and in his hand was a walking cane (which he obviously didn't need) with the a signet ring with the design of a dahlia encrusted.