Part 24

Pakhi saw Anjali entering the house "Bhabhi you came. I was waiting for you. Where is Bhai?" Anjali smiled at her and said "Your brother is parking the car. Why were you waiting for me dear. Do you need anything?"

"No Bhabhi I don't need anything. Just some of my friends have came to meet you so let's go to my room." She told cheerfully. Anjali went with Pakhi to her room whereas Karan went straight to their bedroom. After the dinner, Karan was lying in their bed and reading a business magazine when Anjali came inside. She took her nightdress and went into the washroom. After taking a shower and changing, she came out of the bathroom and was applying her night cream when she saw Karan looking at her from the mirror. She averted her eyes and went to sleep with her back to him. Karan saw that she was still not talking to him. He thought it was enough and asked her "Why are you avoiding me?" Anjali said without turning back " I am not avoiding you. Just trying not to interfere in your life. You made it very clear that our relationship is namesake only so I am just following you."

"Damn it Anjali! I asked you not to expect anything from me. I didn't asked you not to talk to me or ignore me. You are making it obvious for others too." Karan snapped at her. Anjali wake up and sat on the bed scwoling. She glared at Karan and told him "what you expect from me Karan? Even I was also not ready to get married yet. Still I agreed for my parents. I too wished for a married life filled with love and happiness. I didn't get it but then I am still trying for our families. I accepted you with your past and what you did. I know you still love your first wife but I was hoping that we can at least be  friends. But you are busy giving me cold shoulder and even today morning you made it clear to me to mind my own business."

Karan felt guilty hearing her "I am sorry for my behavior. It's just that I am really confused. I don't know what to do. I cannot give you Vidhya's position in my life." Anjali understood his point of view and said "I know Karan that you still love Vidhya and I am too not taking her place in your life. But can't you give me a little space in your life? Even I am trying hard Karan. Please let be friends instead of living like a stranger."

She knew that it's hard for Karan to leave his past but she was his wife now. Vidhya is no more and now it was her responsibility to look after Karan. She decided to make him come out of his shell and help him in moving forward in his life. She extended her hand towards him and asked " So Mr. Oberoi friends?" Karan thought for a while and then smiled and took her hand "Friends Mrs.Oberoi." Anjali's heart skipped a beat hearing her new name from Karan. They both talked for a while and slept with a smile on their faces. Anjali hoped tomorrow will bring new rays of light in their life.