Part 26

"Good morning everyone. Sorry I am a bit late for breakfast" Karan greeted his family as he sat besides Anjali. Sanjay teased him " no need to say sorry son as you are always late for breakfast."

Karan smirked and asked his mother "Oh really dad! Mom didn't I got this habit from dad?" Anuradha scwoled at Sanjay and said " it's your mistake Sanjay. He learned that from you. Now eat Karan, breakfast is getting cold. Serve him Anjali beta." Anjali put the breakfast in a plate and passed it to Karan without looking at him. Then she poured a cup of tea and passed it to him but still didn't look at him. Karan who was watching her intently sighed. He need to talk to her after the breakfast.

His mother went to Temple and his father went to meet his friends at his club. Pakhi went to college so he thought it's appropriate time to talk to Anjali and apologize. He saw her going to garden and went after her. "Do you like flowers?" Karan asked from behind. Anjali was picking up flowers to put in the vase. She just nodded at him and continued doing her work. He sighed and said "Anjali I am sorry. I didn't mean to address you as Vidhya intentionally. It's just that she use to wake me up by shaking my shoulder. I know we both agreed to leave the past behind and have a fresh start in our relationship and the next day only I started my day by remembering my past. Sorry."

Anjali finally turned around and kept the flowers on the nearby bench "How many times you will say sorry Karan? Just try to remember that I am your wife now not Vidhya. I know it will take time but please try to take the efforts." Karan nodded and asked her "Mom, dad and Pakhi will be home in evening so have you planned to do anything?"

Anjali replied " No I was just thinking of taking a nap after lunch. What about you? Are you going to office?" Karan shook his head and said " no I will go to office on Monday now. I was just wondering if we could go for a lunch if you wish." Anjali became excited at this and nodded cheerfully. "Ok then go and get ready. I need to buy few shirts so first we will go to the mall and then we can go to have our lunch." He said to her. Anjali quicky went to her room to get ready and came out wearing blue knee length dress. "I am ready" Anjali shouted enthusiastically. Karan in awe seeing her in this dress. They both went towards his car and drove off to the mall.