Part 15

Karan was working in his study room when he heard a knock on the door. Hearing come in, Pakhi slowly came inside the study room and sat on the chair opposite to Karan.

Seeing her, Karan asked "why are you not sleeping till now Pakhi. Tomorrow morning you have to get up early, you are going for a college picnic"

"Yes Bhai, I know but I slept late in the afternoon so not feeling sleepy. If I watch TV and mom came to know then she will cancel my trip so I couldn't take that risk and I saw the lights were on in study room so thought why not talk with you for some time." Pakhi said cheerfully. Karan chuckled hearing her and said "what you want to talk about lil sis?"

Pakhi inquired "Bhai did you like Anjali di? I really liked her. She seemed so nice to me."
Karan frowned hearing her. He didn't want to think about Anjali. Not that she was not good. Infact he liked her not only in looks but even her nature. She seem to be a good person. But she deserved someone better than him. He was hollow from inside so what will he be able to give her after marriage.

Pakhi clicked her fingers in front of him and teased "ohh Bhai you became lost in her thoughts just by hearing her name. I will surely tell this to Mom and Dad  tomorrow morning. I really wish to hear the good news when I come back from my picnic.

"Pakhi wait it's not what you think" but she was gone from the study room before he could say anything further. Getting frustrated, he too got up and went to his room to sleep but sleep was far away from him. His parents and sister liked Anjali very much and they were ready to do anything to make him agree to marry her.

In the morning, Pakhi had left for her picnic and Sanjay, Anuradha and Karan were having breakfast. Anuradha started the conversation excitedly "Pakhi told me you liked Anjali son. Is it true? I am so happy. Finally you won't be lonely anymore." Karan was shocked hearing this. Leave it to his family to listen only what they want to hear "Mom I didn't say that I like Anjali."

Sanjay frowned hearing him and asked "so you don't like Anjali?" Karan instantly replied "no Dad it's not that. She seems to be a nice girl."

Anuradha again became excited hearing him "That means you like her. Ohh son you made our day. I will just call Anita and tell her this. I just hope even Anjali agrees to this alliance." Saying so she hopped from her chair and went in her room to call Anita.

Karan got panicked seeing his mother so he looked at his father and requested him "Dad please ask Mom not to call Anita aunty. I don't want to rush things."

His father smiled at him and said "Don't over think son. Some times we just know when things are right. See you in evening. Even I am going to call Raman regarding this. Ohh my son, I am so excited. Finally some will come in your life to drag your ass from work." Chuckling at his own statement, Sanjay too stood up and went to his room.

Seeing his parents, Karan knew they will say yes to this alliance from his side even without asking him further. Explaining them anything will fall on deaf ears. Signing he went to his office.

Anjali just entered her home when her mother engulfed her in a bear hug "ohh baby doll, I am so happy today. Anuradha called this morning and told that Karan agreed for this proposal." Anjali gasped hearing this. How come he agree if he clearly told her that he was not happy with this alliance. Some thing didn't seem to be right according to her.

Karan was shouting on his secretary for the missing file when his best friend Arjun entered "hey Bro, wassup?" Karan frowned seeing him and asked his secretary to find the missing file in half an hour. As soon as his secretary left his cabin, he turned towards his friend and glared at him "Why you came in my office at this time and what do you want? I am busy right now so come later." Arjun just laughed hearing this. He and Karan were best friends since their schooling and he knew Karan more than his family so he didn't feel bad at his rude behavior. He was used to his friends mood swings "what happened Karan that got you so uptight?" Asked Arjun.

Karan sighed and told him the entire story about him and Anjali. After hearing everything, Arjun looked at him bewildered and asked "Are you nuts Karan? How can tell any girl that you are not interested in any relationship with her and you are just meeting her for your family's sake only. If I were on her place, I would have kicked you out of my place then and there."

Karan glared at him "I didn't tell you everything so you can taunt me. My parents have gone mad and they called her house and told them that I agreed to this alliance without asking me. If you can't help me then you know the way out."

Arjun sighed and said " it's been two years Karan. Please move on in your life. Everyone needs a partner in our life. We cannot live alone." Karan didn't want to hear this talk again so he said "Arjun I am not interested to hear this talk any further so if you have any idea how to cancel this alliance then suggest me or else I will think of some thing."

Arjun knew it's useless to explain Karan so he told him "Why don't you call Anjali and ask her to meet you somewhere outside without your boths family's knowledge. This way you can apologize to her for your earlier behavior and ask her to say no to this proposal as your parents won't listen to you."
Karan thought for a while at this and he liked his friend's suggestion.

After Arjun left his office, he called Miracle Hospital and asked for Anjali's number. Anjali was busy in checking her indoor patients when her phone vibrated in her labcoat.

She saw the unknown number and wondered who would be calling her at this time. She picked up her phone and replied "Hello Dr. Anjali Malhotra speaking"

"Anjali Karan here. Are you free to talk?" Anjali was shocked hearing him calling her "what do you want Karan. I am busy" she replied a little arrogantly. When he couldn't show any Courtesy in her home then why will she show the same now.

Karan got annoyed hearing her "I want to discuss something important with you so can you meet me today?"

Anjali got confused at this and asked "what you want to talk about?"

Karan replied "I will tell you that in person just tell me when are you free. I will let you know the time and place to meet."

Frustrated Anjali told him the time when she will be free from work and asked him to text the time and address where to meet.