chapter thirty-one

Start from the beginning

"Are you alright?" Hollee questioned next to me. 

I forced a smile, hoping to avoid having to explain to her that I was probabaly going to be classed as a missing person within the next twenty-four hours in Mystic Falls. Maybe leaving without an explaination was a bad idea. 

"Yeah, I'm totally fine, just someone I'm trying to avoid." I replied, tossing my phone onto the bedside table.

Again the phone rang. I didn't even glance at it this time just kept my eyes on Hollee, although the longer the ringing continues the tighter my jaw clenches and my eyes narrow.

Hollee raised an eyebrow. "Who are you trying to avoid that bloody badly?"

I pursed my lips. "Ya know, this...Person?"

"Person? Wanna be a bit more descriptive?"

I shook my head. "Eh, it wouldn't interest you. Petty teenage drama."

The phone rang again and Lillie shot up. "I need the toilet." She stated through clenched teeth and marched into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her. 

Way to make Hollee feel left out of the loop. Lillie thought to herself. 

I walked over to the sink and looked into the mirror above. My eyes darting to my smooth neck, still expecting to see at least one bite mark. 

My phone was still ringing and I was going to lose it soon. I wish I could just turn the stupid thing off. But I didn't want them to think i was purposely ignoring them. If I keep it on, they might think that i've lost it somewhere...Hopefully.

The ringing stopped and mumbling on the otherside of the bathroom door began. I cocked my head to the side, trying to listen to who was talking and what was being said. The only thing that I could make out was Hollee's voice. I took a big sigh and straightened myself up.

I walked over to the door and pulled it open, Hollee was already facing me, her posture stiff, annoyed and confused...My phone in her hand.

Her eyes narrowed at me and held my phone out towards me.

"There's a random guy insisting that he speaks to you. By the way, I think he may have kidnapped your aunt Jenna." Hollee stated, hopefully jokingly.

I reached forwards reluctantly and snagged the phone from her hand. Glanced down at the caller ID. Aunt Jenna.

A guy was using aunt Jenna's phone?

I put the phone to my ear. "...Hello?" 

"Lillie, Where the hell are you?" Damon's voice growled angrily through the phone.

My body stiffened and images of that night ghosted through my mind. "Damon?" I squeaked out.

"Where. Are. You?" He repeated demandingly.

"I-Im, ya know, with Caroline?" I asked, accidentally phrasing it like a question. I mentally face-palmed myself. I'm going to be in so much trouble. I thought sadly to myself. 

Damon scoffed on the end of the phone. "With Caroline? Really? Because Caroline actually came to me asking if I'd seen you over the last two days."

I bite my bottom lip. "I've -er- gotta go...Things to d-"

"Don't you dare hang up on me, Lillie. Now tell me where you are." His hissed. His voice was cold and very angry.

"I'm sorry. Bye." I blurted, immediatly hanging up on him.

I release a heavy breath and almost sagged in relief that, that was over. I switched my phone off quickly before he could ring me back...Or anyone for that fact.