'Somethings wrong with the area, the scents are still pungent. I can't hear heartbeats, but there's something out there watching us as we walk. The crews are fine, but I think someone's really trying to get either Grey or Charlie.'

He linked me, making me take in a breath unintentionally. Charlotte caught on, then looked at Matthew, then turned to Greyson and stared at him. I felt Grey's eyes on Franky and I curiously. Movement made us all turn to see Charlotte shove Matthew to the side harshly. We all stared as a wolf was jumping at him. She took the rogue head on, falling to the ground with that thing going at her with its claws. She ended up kicking it off, and standing up unfazed. Franky had shifted already, attacking it. Greyson shifted immediately once he saw that thing in the air. She was being helped my Matt and I. 

"What were you thinking?" Matthew said with fear in his voice as he saw how badly she was bleeding. She was watching Franky and Greyson carefully before pushing us to stop.

"You were in danger." She said simply. The other two appeared in wolf form, staring at Charlotte's wound as she was propped against a tree, holding it herself. "I'm fine." Her statement was half-hearted. We couldn't move her because she'd bleed more, something she couldn't afford. "The goal is to get to my house, it's no more than half a mile, not far." She was breathing faster, almost hyperventilating. 

"Stop thinking about it, Charlie." Matthew said as he put pressure against the wounds. She whined at the pressure, but breathed through it. "We need to put cloth on it." He said to me, making me shed my long sleeve, then listened to his instructions. When we put it on she ground her teeth at the pain, but I noticed the blood wasn't normal, it was turning black.  My eyes met with Greyson's, all of us knew what that meant and it wasn't anything good. 

"We need to get her back." Greyson's voice was empty, probably him trying to be strong for her. He moved Matthew, and picked her up. She gripped onto Greyson, attempting to keep herself from thinking about the pain. I'm shocked she's not crying or passed out, it's a poison. The wolf must have had it on it's claws for this purpose. 

Matthew managed to keep up with us as we moved through the woods with her. When we reached the house, she was laid down on the couch. No more than a minute later medic wolves entered and took over tending to her. We were all sent out, meaning we housed ourselves in Matthew's office. 

"My father has been notified and is helping to handle the situation." Greyson spoke and paced slightly. "He told me that we were the last location hit twice, meaning it should be over. The goal of the group was figured out, it was to infiltrate the system she wrote. Their goal was to corrupt it, and her." He was bugging out internally, it was clear. 

"She's tough, Grey." He looked at me as I spoke. "She'll know what to do, she always does. She always comes out okay, you said it yourself- she's capable." He wanted to argue, but knew it was true. If anything, Charlie could get herself out of any situation alive.