Chapter 15

Greyson's POV

As I followed Charlotte, I have no idea what came over me in the elevator. I just couldn't hold back anymore, she needed to know how I feel. She was mad at me now, so maybe it wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done. She walked like she use to, shy and self conscious. Did I really make her feel that lowly about herself? I guess I really did destroy her self worth and view of the world. Funny how fate has a way of making things seem worse than they are.

As I was watching Charlotte, Mason my second in command, stopped me. He looked frantic as if he had information that was vital to me.

"There's rogues on the complex. We've narrowed it down to the lobby. I believe they are the same one's from last night at Reed's." He was panting, something serious has to be happening.

"Did Luke and Violet get home safe?" I asked as we walked. 

"Yes. What would you like us to do with-" He stopped, his eyes widening as he shot forward. "Charlotte!" His voice screamed, my eyes met what he was running towards. A rogue had stood up in human form, shifted mid jump, and was going right for Charlotte. She must have upset them last night at Violet's house...what could she have even done?!

She stood there as if thinking through her options. She chose the safer one, rolling to the left, out of the way. People around me were acting on protocol. I am not allowed to shift in front of Charlotte, not yet. My heart was pounding as I watched her stand up, ignoring any fear or pain, then sprint for the stairs as the rogue skid across the tiles. She was able to get a few steps up before the rogue grabbed her left pant leg, making her fall. Anger settled in my stomach, how dare he touch her?!

I looked above to my father, he stood in shock at what Charlotte was capable of. She shouldn't be able to move that fast or hit that hard. I nodded at Franky, one of few best friends. He leaped over the railing, shifting in the process. When he landed, I watched Mason's wolf rip the rogue away from Charlotte as if she was his sister. 

Only my friends knew of my secret, maybe my father. My wolf moved me, as a protective instinct. I gently touched Charlotte, causing her to flinch in fear. There is so much explaining I'm going to have to do....

She shocked me by hugging me with a fierceness. She was so much smaller than I could have ever thought, in my arms. I picked her up with ease, she always said she was fat, she wasn't.  Her peers are just cruel, I was cruel. As Mason and Franky fought with the rogue, I took her into her brother's office. 

He grabbed a kit, setting it on the coffee table as I set Charlotte down, facing the door. She's always had that tendency since I've known her. She hates her back to anyone, any exit, or any open area. Probably because of what I did to her....her back...