Chapter 21

Greyson's POV

I left the room because the feeling was bubbling to the surface again. I knew if I stayed I would end up doing something against her wishes, and I didn't want that. When I closed the door behind me, one of my guards came up to me in panic, "Apologies, but there is an emergency downstairs for you." My body moved past the guard and to my office. So help me Gods- When I entered the office, my father was sitting on the couch, listening to Nomad Warrior. 

"What is the urgency?" My fathers eyes met mine before looking to the man who was standing by the wall with pictures. His eyes were daggers that shot towards me when he glanced over. A marking on his neck and left arm caught my attention, he was a Nomad Wolf. He had to be part of some Wolf Clan that has no order except everyone for themselves. "Why is this wolf standing before us, father?" He sighed softly at my words before standing and proposing his 'idea'.

"This is Mr.Thatcher, he's going to be an addition at a price." His voice was calm. "She needs protection, so we shall see how Mr.Thatcher will do." My eyes almost bore a hole through my father.

"You have got to be kidding me," anger crept into every ounce of my being, "you think that I'm going to allow a Nomad Wolf, a male at that, near Charlie? Unmarked?" My father straightened  up, offering me the idea he wasn't backing down either. 

"Greyson," his voice was serious, "she needs better protection than she is getting at the moment. Mr.Thatcher was contracted by allied parties before to follow through with certain," he thought hard, "missions." His words seemed to be chosen carefully. 

A clearing of a throat made me turn to this Thatcher my father seems to be impressed with. He was standing respectfully in wait of the consensus from me. My father has a valid point, and I can't always be there to protect her. 

"What's in it for you, Thatcher?" My body squared with his for a moment. "I know it isn't just money. So what is it?" He smiled down at his shoes before straightening up, staring me in the eyes.

"Your young Charlie has caught the attention of many people, word travels." I couldn't take my eyes from him as he moved to a new spot in the room. "She's caught the attention of many horrible people, worse than me." This still wasn't adding up. "The truth of my visit is because of personal interest in this human and her abilities. She's referred to as a legend in areas, in others, a rogue. She has potential, and I have an interest in potential." Was he trying to contract Charlie?

Charlotte's POV