Chap 25: Almost

***Harry's P.O.V***

I felt her lips brush against mine. Just a little closer and I'd finally be kissing her. I leaned closer to close the short distance between us when...

"Harry!! Izzy!! Guys!! Found them!!" Izzy jumped back, startled by Louis' outburst. Oh, Louis, you're my best mate, but did you HAVE to come at that exact moment. He ran down the slope, reaching me and Izzy in a matter of seconds.

"Where'd you two run off to? We've been looking for you both for ages! It's time to go."

I glanced at Izzy, who was staring blankly at the lake, her cheeks a light shade of pink. I sighed internally and nodded at Louis. He jumped around and smiled, grabbing Izzy's hand and dragging her back up the slope. I followed them, processing what just happened. Or had almost happened.

I had almost kissed Izzy Daniels.

But Louis just had to ruin it. I was a little aggravated at Louis now. It was a weird feeling; I was never angry with Louis. He is my best mate. That only leaves one other explanation. I was falling for Izzy.

***Louis' P.O.V***

I felt bad. Like, super bad. I knew that Harry likes Izzy. He has for awhile now. And aren't I the one who keeps telling him that he should date a fan. We had all been looking for the two of them for ages and were getting pretty worried. When I saw them there, I immediately called out because I was so happy they were alright. It was after Izzy jumped away that I realized what they were about to do.

I am now internally slapping myself. On the way back to the cabins, Izzy ran up ahead to talk with Karen, probably about her almost kiss. I fell behind the group, dragging Harry with me. "You alright, mate?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"I am so sorry. I didn't realize that you were about to kiss her. I'm so stupid. I know that you like her," I apologized, frowning.

Harry grinned. "It's alright, mate. I'll get more chances. I hope." He murmured the last part under his breath. Of course, I heard him.

"Yes, you will. You guys were meant for each other.," I assured him.

"What do you think is gonna happen in a week? When we go back to Doncaster for your birthday and Christmas and the girls go home?" he whispered, hoping that it was all just a dream and it wasn't reality that we probably wouldn't see these girls again after the trip.

"I don't know," I answered honestly. Simon had told us that after New Years, we were back to the recording studio and photo shoots to work on our second album. He was even trying to arrange a US tour for us next year. It was going to be great! But that also meant no free time and less freedom. Right now was like paradise for us. So far, there were no screaming fans and absolutely no paps.

Harry nodded, lost in his thoughts. We reached the cabin and chose to cook and eat in the cabin thaat Harry, Niall, El, and I shared. Harry, Eleanor, and Lauren went straight to the kitchen to prepare dinner while the rest of us sprawled around the lounge room. Izzy was still talking to Karen quietly in the corner. No one disturbed them. It seemed like they wanted some alone time.

Instead, me, Amanda, Alex, Liam, and Zayn all decided to play Ninja while Niall was the referee. Danielle and Perrie had both gone to take showers and change. Just for the record, I won three out of five games of Ninja.

Harry, Lauren, and Eleanor had made tacos with a side dish of buttered macaroni. Bread rolls were served as well. It was a pretty weird meal; a mix of Spanish and Italian food. But it was good all the same. We ended up playing the Wii for awhile after that before Izzy turned in. She left the cabin with Karen at her heels.

Lauren, Amanda, and Alex left fifteen minutes later, Danielle, Eleanor, and Perrie asking if they could come and sleepover. They ended up agreeing, leaving me and the lads alone. I could tell that the girls were trying to spend as much time as possible together before the trip ended. It was a pretty smart idea.

I don't want to leave Florida now. And to think that I was upset that we had to leave Hawaii and come to Disney instead. This is one of the best things that had ever happened to me. I don't know what is was about the girls that made me want to stay, but I did. Maybe it was the fact that they didn't fangirl and scream in front of us. Or maybe it was because they were like us in so many ways.

I mean, they were all best friends who joined together to form a band. They weren't worldwide famous, but they loved what they did and they enjoyed doing it. And that's really all that matters. Their personalities were close to ours too. Maybe that established a connection between us. They were kind and funny and smart. I just can't explain it. They were just them.

And that's all that matters.

************

Hi. Yeah, I know. It's short. But the USA vs. Japan game is about to start and I really want to see it. But I wanted to upload before because I'm gonna be having mini heart attacks the whole game and probably after the game as well.

So hope you enjoyed the chapter. Leave your thoughts in the comments! :)

To the side is a picture of the USA Olympic soccer team. Good luck today girls!!!

Comment/Vote/Fan

I'll upload soon

~Sydney