Chap 1: Winter Holiday

• Dedicated to My Bestest Friend- Karen!!!!

"Amanda, hurry up!!!" I yelled as I placed my friend's suitcase in the trunk of the van. My dad laughed quietly at my impatience towards Amanda. Let me introduce myself. My name is Izzy and I am seventeen years old. I live in South Florida. Currently, it is late November down here, so in other words, it's winter.

Amanda appeared in her doorway, carrying a backpack and duffel bag. "Bye, Mom!" she yelled back into the house as she stepped over the threshold. Amanda's mother and father came into view, waving at me and my father while saying goodbye to their daughter.

Amanda finally got away from her parents and clamored into the car, a huge grin on her face. Amanda and I were meeting up with some friends to go somewhere special for the winter holiday. Amanda would be coming with me while our three other friends met us at the place. This was going to be the best winter holiday ever! Our parents had talked the whole thing through and as a special treat for making it halfway through our junior year of high school, they had all pitched in money and are sending us to Disney World for a whole month!

As you can imagine, we were ecstatic! When my parents told me the news, I swear my jaw dropped all the way to the floor. A month with just my friends all alone in Disney? I think yes! Our parents had rented us one of those log cabins that Disney has. They rented one out for the five of us for the entire month and got us tickets for a day in each park.

I know what you're probably thinking right now. Disney is a place where kids go and have fun. Well, let me tell you that me and my friends are like five year olds at heart. We absolutely LOVE Disney. Amanda even joked about getting a job there after high school as she waited for a college to accept her.

My dad cracked lame jokes the whole first half hour of the drive. During that time, Amanda and I decided to have our own little conversation via text message.

A- Do u kno wat time every1 else is gettin there???

I- idk lauren said around noon alex said 1 and karen said 12:30 but u kno how karen is... shell be there at 2 lol

A- hahahaha do u kno wat cabin we r in?

I- nope but i hope we hav a lake view cuz the winter sunsets r the prettiest there

A- my thoughts exactly

I- do u think alex will bring her guitar for the camp fire?

A- course she brings that thing everywhere why? watcha thinkin???

I- I was thinkin that u, me, alex, nd lauren shuld sing a camp fire song while karen video tapes

A fun fact about my group of friends is that we love to sing. We created our own little band. We weren't all that popular socially considering only our parents, some teachers, and a little bit of the staff at school would come to listen to us during gigs. But one day Lauren suggested that we create our own little YouTube channel and post videos of us singing covers of songs and being ourselves. Karen loved to take pictures and video tape everything so she sort of became our filmer while we sang the songs. She also had an awful singing voice, and we tried not to bring it up that much, but ironically, she was always the one to talk about it like a joke. She was totally cool with it. We called ourselves Fusion. I know. Lame name. But we had to call oursleves something so I just kind of blurted it out during one of our videos on YouTub and the name kind of stuck. We have a pretty good amount of fans on YouTube so at least we know that we're not terrible. But anyway, Karen doesn't really like to video tape us singing in like our living room or anything. She classifies that as "boring and unoriginal." She likes to video tape us in tunique places where regular people just go to hang out. Like last week, she video taped us singing "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele in a local McDonalds. The staff didn't mind. They found it entertaining, to be truthful.

A- Thats a great idea!!! This is why ur considered the "smart one" :)

I laughed out loud at that last message and then me and Amanda decided to watch a movie since it was early in the morning. My mom had woke me up at seven thing morning so that I could get ready and then go pick up Amanda. That was an hour right there. Then, plus the three it took to get to Disney meant we shoudl get there around eleven in the morning. We were in charge of checking in and finding the cabin and everything.

After three hours of endless driving, my father pulled in to the Disney Log Cabin Resort Office and we all got out of the van to check in. "Hello!" a peppy woman in the early twenties said from behind the counter. "What can I do for y'all?"

I looked at her name tag and read that her name was Rosie and that she was from Texas. Well that explains the accent. "Hi. I'm here to collect the keys for the cabin under the last name Daniels," my father said.

"Yes," Rosie said, typing away on her computer. I have a record of five people booked for that cabin from now until the end of the month. Is that correct?" My father nodded and Rosie disappeared under the counter for a second before reappearing with five keys, eac one dangling from a cord with Mickey Mouse ears at the end. "Here you are. It is Cabin 26. Congrats on the lakeside view. Have a magical day!" she called as my father took the keys, signed a paper, and we left. I turned and waved back to her before pulling out my phone and texting Lauren, Karen, and Alex th cabin number.

From: Karebear (Karen)

Yay!!! Cant wait! c u soon! :)

From: Alex

26 was my soccer number! oh this is gonna be a good winter!!!

From: Winter (Lauren)

Kk c u in an hr or so

We drove to the cabin and my dad parked before letting us jump out of the car and run to the cabin. I anxiously jammed by key into the door and swiftly turned it, granting us entrance into the cabin. The heat was alreay on, but set to a low since it honestly didn't get past sixty degrees down here in Florida during the winter. As soon as you entered, you walked into a lounge room, complete with a flat screen TV, a DVD player, a couch, and two plush chairs. Plus, a side table and a lamp. Right next to that was the kitchen and dining area. The kitchen had a fridge and a small table set for four, but an extra chair had been added since my father told the Disney workers ahead of time that there was going to be five of us. There was also a stove, an oven, and a microwave. Amanda's mother had packed us a blender int he car in case we wanted to make smoothies. Next to the kitchen was a narrow hallway. As you walked down it, you could see pictures up on the wall of Disney-related stuff. Halfway down the hall there was a small door leading to the bathroom. The bathroom was quite small; it had a medium-sized shower, a toilet, a sink, and a cabinet to fill with our shampoo, conditioner, soap, make-up, and other stuff. At the end of the hallway there was the bedroom. It had two sets of bunk beds and one bed built to hold one person. It was sort of cramped but we didn't mind. We didn't plan on spending alot of time in the bedroom anyway.

The whole thing was just amazing. I can't wait until the other three come and see it!

********

Hey you guys!!! This is my first story on Wattpad. I had the idea yesterday after I tripped over my bag on the floor and fell on the ground. Yes, it is a One Direction fanfic, but the boys themselves won't be in it for the first few chapters.

Like I said before, I'm kind of new and this is my first story so feel free to critizize me constructively. I'm going to warn you right now: my spelling is not th greatest! That is my main flaw in writing! Spelling!

Anyway, don't forget to comment, or vote, or fan, or whatever you want to do! Just be nice! I'm not a big fan of haters. I promise to update soon!

Later!!! :)

~Sydney