Chap 24: Zayn

***Zayn's P.O.V***

I stormed into my cabin, slamming the door behind me so hard that I actually believed that it was going to fly off its hinges for a second. I stompted into the kitchen, grabbing a can of soda before falling backwards onto the soda. I opened the can, drinking deeply from it.

How could Alex date that guy? She barely knew him! And now he was her boyfriend! Since when!? Well,obviously since last night. And I was a fool not to notice it. No one knew him! He could be a criminal for all we know! Or a kidnapper!

When I saw Alex's phone flashing on the stand next to the bed, I didn't want to look at it. Snooping was not my intention. But I saw Ethan's name as the ID with a little heart next to it, and my curiosity got the better of me. I opened the message and read it all. Then I read it again so I could actually comprehend it and let it sink in. That's when the anger hit me.

I was angry at Alex for getting a boyfriend and then not bothering to tell any of us about him. Was she ever planning to? I was angry at Ethan. How dare he just waltz into our little circle and take Alex as his girlfriend without getting to know us, or her, better? I was a little angry at Perrie. She obviously knew aboiut them and had kept it a secret from me. I was angry at the Disney employees in France. Shouldn't they stop people from being to affectionate in the middle of Disney World? I mean, it is a children's amusement park! I was angry at cheese for smelling bad. I was just frusterated at everything!

But mostly, I was angry at myself. I overreacted, and I know it. Alex is at perfect liberty to date whomever she likes. I'm not her father or her brother or really anyone to her. I was a friend she met two and a half weeks ago. I probably wouldn't even see her again after this trip was over. People wonder why I show the public my mysterious and shy side of me all the time. It's because I know that if I show people the real me, they'll probably become real with me. That settles a connection between me and the other person. And that is exactly what happened between me and Alex. It happened between me and the other girls. Between me and Perrie. Between me and the other lads. Between me and Danielle and Eleanor. Between me and Paul.

I don't want to imagine how Alex is right now. I imagine her in tears right now. But for all I know, she could be smiling and giggling over more text messages from E-Dork, or whatever his name was. I bet the lads are confused and questioning the girls, who probably knew. I don't really know if Danielle or Eleanor knew. They weren't that close with the girls yet where Alex would probably spill her biggest secret at the time with them. I bet Perrie's irritated with me for leaving. That last one I'm ninety-nine percent sire about.

I glanced at the clock. I had been sitting here for almost two hours, deep in thought. My soda can was emoty. I stood and tossed it in the trash, pulling my phone out of my pocket as I headed back to the couch. I had five missed calls and eleven new messages. They were from everyone except Alex. Maybe she was happy I left. Now she can drool over Ethan. I scowled before reading the messages.

Most of them were asking where I went and telling me to come back. But three stuck out in my mind the most.

From: TommoCarrotKing

Where r u??? the lads nd i r worried sick! alex is in tears, sitting by the lake. she wont let any1 cum nd wit her except 4 izzy, lauren, amanda, and karen. perrie wnts 2 talk 2 u. respond soon!

From: Perrie <3

Zayn? ik this is hard but u need 2 cum back nd talk. alex is a mess. plz come soon! xxx

From: Amanda Panda

Idk wat 2 do. none of us do. shes askin 4 u. plz cum. she was goin 2 tell u 2day @ the playground