Chapter 18: Voices In My Head

Reader's Point Of View

I laid in Michael's arms, all cuddled up and warm. We were in his bed watching a movie, but it was about to end. My head was on his chest, while his arm rubbed my back gently and caressed my hair. Every now and again, I'd feel him kiss the top of my head, which always brought a smile to my face.

Once the movie was over, he moved out of the bed and I audibly sighed, being obnoxiously annoyed. "Why...?" I pleaded with a fake cry.

He turned the TV off and put in a cassette tape playing music. "Heh?" He said with the most adorable smile ever on his face. 

"Michael, oh my god." I said, laughing.

He started to dance around. 

"You're such a dork!" 

"Yeah, a dork that you love!" He said as he came back onto the bed, but he didn't crawl under the covers next to me. 

He held himself above me, as he began to kiss me. First on my lips, then to my neck and collar bone. Then he licked my face. "Ew! Michael!" I spat as I flipped him over. "What the hell?!" I yelled laughing.

"I was kissing you... Doggy style." He winked at me, laughing at his own pun. 

"God, I love you." I said with a grin before I laid on top of him pressing my lips against his. I wrapped my legs around his waist and ran my hand over his bicep as he ran his hands through my hair and over my back. 

I started to kiss him on his neck, because I knew he liked it. He was sure to have a few hickies in the morning on his neck and collar bone.

I returned back to his lips. He held my face with his hands as we began to sit up, our lips not parting until we were upright.

He pulled away, a smile on both of our faces. 

He just stared at me. "What?" I asked with a little laugh.  

"You're just so amazing." 

----------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up in Michael's bed, wearing his red hoodie. It was cozy and smelled like him. I loved it. I turned over in the bed and saw him laying next to me on his phone.

"Hey." I said softly.

"Hey." He said with a gentle smile. "Jeremy and Christine are thinking about bowling tonight. Wanna go?" 

"Sure, sounds fun!"

----------------------------------------------

"Y/N, hey!" Christine said as she ran up to me, giving me a hug. 

"Hey, girl." I replied.

Jeremy and Michael greeted each other with their infamous handshake.

We all sat down at a lane, that Jeremy had reserved for us. "So we thinking teams or singles?" He asked, before putting our names into the scoreboard.

"Girls versus guys." I said with a cocky smirk. 

"Yes!"Christine high-fived me. She was so down for that.

"I don't think that'd be fair." Michael interjected.

"Why? Scared a couple girls are gonna kick your ass?" I mocked.

"Oh you're on!" He replied with a playful fighting tone.

Thus, the game began.

----------------------------------------------

The scores kept going back and forth. It was a tight game. At least that was until I knocked 3 strikes in a row.

"You have to be cheating somehow." Jeremy said.

"I got skill, son." I laughed.

Michael made his way up to the line with a bowling ball in hand.

"Alright Michael, it all comes down to you. If you miss this, we lose."

"Yeah, so no pressure or anything." I added.

Michael's Point Of View

Michael probably could've gotten the strike, but he didn't want to. He wanted Y/N to have the win. She deserved a win.

Michael rolled the ball and ended up getting a spare. 

Christine and Y/N erupted with cheers. They began to mock the guys, rubbing it in their faces.

"You're never gonna let us live this down, will you?" Jeremy asked.

"Nope." I said.

"Probably not." Christine finished.

Everyone laughed and smiled throughout the night.

----------------------------------------------

Reader's Point Of View

Everything was great. I had friends. I was in a thriving relationship with Michael and I couldn't've been happier. 

None of the other kids, seemed to bully me anymore. We weren't close but, they didn't hurt me. They were nice, kind. 

Jeremy, Christine, and Michael had become my group. 

Michael made me so happy and I was so glad to officially be his girlfriend now. 

Who cares about popularity? Who cares about social status? 

None of that matters. What matters is enjoying life and the people around you. Even when things get shitty sometimes. 'You know you gotta brother, gonna have your back.' 

Everything happens for reason. All the hell and shit I went through the previous years, led to me moving to Middleborough and meeting Michael. And I'm so glad I did. Without that pain, I wouldn't be the strong and confident person I am today. Everything happens for a reason, and that reason is worth the wait. 💙