Chapter 3: Apocalypse Of The Damned

This was the outfit I chose for myself from the clothing I bought the previous day. I felt a bit more comfortable in it than the one I had worn earlier that day.

 I felt a bit more comfortable in it than the one I had worn earlier that day

Michael opened Jeremy's front door. "Hey Y/N! Come on in!" He said, inviting me in.

I was rather excited to hang out with them, if I'm being honest. They had been so nice to me, especially after my little episode in math class the other day.

Michael led me to Jeremy's room. He was sitting on the floor in front of the bed with a game controller in his hand and a game called 'Apocalypse of the Damned' pulled up on the screen.

"Hey Jeremy!" I said with a little wave.

Michael sat down next to Jeremy and motioned, enthusiastically, for me to sit next to him on the other side. I gave him an over-exaggerated smile after I sat down, which he mockingly imitated.

There was two boxes of pizza on the floor in front of us and something called 'Crystal Pepsi.'

I picked up a can. "What's this?" I asked.

"Oh! It's like regular Pepsi... But clear!" Michael was so excited. "They discontinued it in the '90s but... I know a guy." He winked at me and said it an undercover agent tone of voice.

"You're such a dork." I said, playfully pushing his shoulder.

Jeremy opened up the pizza boxes. One was 1/2 cheese, 1/2 pepperoni. The other was 1/2 pineapple, 1/2 bacon. "Why'd you order so many separate toppings?" Michael asked.

"I wasn't sure what she'd like, so I just got-" Jeremy said but Michael interrupted him.

"The whole menu?"

"Oh shut up." Jeremy laughed.

----------------------------------------------

"What's the goal of this game?" I asked.

Jeremy only had two controllers so he let me borrow his for a little bit. I'd never played this game before and it evident that they obviously had.

"All you have to worry about right now is getting passed the zombies, okay?" Jeremy said.

"Got it." I had played video games before but my expertise started and ended with Mario Kart.

Michael hit start and I was completely unprepared. I made further than I expected though, which wasn't far at all. "Hey, it's not my fault. I said I liked to play video games. I never said I was good at them." I said laughing as I threw my hands up in mock surrender. Jeremy and Michael both joined in the laughter.

It was turning into a fun night. That was until you saw the time... 11:52pm.

OH SHIT!

"Oh god. I- I have to go. I'm sorry." I said quickly as I grabbed my bag and made my way out the door.