Chapter 16: Big Bad Trouble

Michael's Point Of View

Sam opened the door, dragging Jeremy's body behind him.

"Jeremy?!" Michael called, but there was no response. "What'd you do to him?!" Sam ignored Michael once again and dropped Jeremy next to him.

Michael's hands were in handcuffs, hanging above his head as he stood.

Jake helped Sam put Jeremy in the same type of confinement position as Michael, next to him.

Michael felt defeated, seeing his unconscious best friend next to him. They were both prisoners and were surrounded by their squipped peers. 

Y/N was their last hope. 

----------------------------------------------

Rich walked up to Michael.

"What do you want, Rich?" Michael said, purposefully looking away.

"At this point... Just revenge. Simple as that." He responded as he punched Michael in the gut.

"Ah!" Michael winced. "You know that we deactivated your 'army' out there, right?" He said with sarcastic amusement.

"I don't give two shits about them. What I do care about is your group here..." Rich gestured to the other people in the room. All of which, including Rich and Michael, were Sam, Jake, Brooke, Chloe, Jenna, and Jeremy.

"Sure, but you don't have everyone, do you?" Michael said, feigning confidence.

"True. You and Jeremy do need to be corrected once again and Y/N-" Rich was cut off by Michael.

"You'll never get into her again. She's too strong, too brave for you to take on."

"It's sweet how much you stick up for her. Though she would never do the same for you." Rich antagonized.

"Just stop. You're lying. We both know you are. So why don't you ju-" 

"But am I?" He took a dramatic pause. "I mean, I have been inside her head too."

Michael didn't say anything. He didn't want to give Rich the satisfaction of pissing him off.

"She doesn't care about you. She pities you, Michael. It's quite sad actually. She's not coming to save you." 

Michael spat in his face. Rich's eyes shined bright turquoise as he punched Michael across the face in return.

----------------------------------------------

Rich sent out his crew to scour the halls for Y/N. Only Michael, Jeremy, and him remained in the room. But they were on opposite sides.

Michael noticed Jeremy beginning to come to. 

"Jeremy?" He whispered. "Hey. Jeremy."

Jeremy slowly picked up his head and looked at Michael. "The hell?"

Michael glanced his eyes to Rich, motioning Jeremy to notice him. Once he did he cursed, "Fuck," under his breath.

"Where's Y/N?" Michael asked.

"Who?"

"Y/N. Where is Y/N?"

"I was looking for you, but the last thing I remember her telling me was that she was gonna leave the gym once all the SQUIPs in there had been deactivated. After that, everything's just kinda blank." Jeremy explained. "But, on the bright side, at least I found you." He nervously laughed, trying the lighten to the situation.