Connor (RK800) x Reader ▷ Blood and Bruises

Warnings: Swearing. I had a very graphic (in violence) version of this one-shot almost completed, and then I decided to scrap it for this instead.

Word Count: 2500 words.

Set post-game, when the android revolution has given them equal rights and everything is bright and dandy.

~

Rain pounded on the footpath outside of the Detroit City Police Department, soaking your coat and letting the cold leech into your skin. You held four cups of coffee, trying to shield them with your body. Hurrying through the entrance to the precinct, you slipped off your jacket. The building was warm, buzzing with officers who were filling out paperwork, avoiding the horrid weather.

Walking through the bullpen, you were met by Detective Reed, who wore his usual snarl.

"Hey Gavs," You greeted in a sickly sweet tone, smiling at the detective.

Walking past, he didn't even meet your gaze.

"Go fuck yourself."

"Love you too!" You shouted, turning around to wave him goodbye. Laughing lightly to yourself, you strolled up to Chris' desk. Chattering away on the phone, he gave you a friendly nod as you placed a cup of coffee on his desk.

Next up were the Andersons.

Hank was flicking through some files, earbuds in, undoubtedly listening to heavy metal. The Lieutenant looked bored, leaning back in his chair. Food wrappers and sticky notes littered his desk, which was a mess. Adjacent to him sat Connor, who was staring at the computer. It had been a few weeks since the Android revolution, and he had since been given the role of detective as well as a partnership with Hank, but kept his LED as a sign of pride.

"For my favourite duo," you greeted, placing a coffee on each desk. Hank took out his headphones and looked to you skeptically, looking at the cup you had given Connor. Taking a swig of the beverage, Hank peered over the cup with narrowed eyes.

"You know he can't drink that, right?"

"So? He likes the warmth." You said matter-of-factually.

The Lieutenant turned to look at Connor who already held the cardboard cup in his hands, eyes closed and revelling in the heat radiating from the coffee. Hank scoffed.

"What a fuckin' waste of money."

Connor looked to you with a grateful expression.

"I appreciate the purchase, despite being unable to drink the coffee."

A smile broke out across your face at his words, and you took a seat on his desk. Sipping the last coffee, you dropped the cup tray into a bin. Hank ignored you and returned to his work, though you knew he actually enjoyed your company. Swinging your legs, you abruptly turned to Connor, leaning in front of him and grabbing his mouse. Clicking at a few buttons, your eyeline remained focuses on the screen while the android studied your face. The detective couldn't care less that you had stolen his computer for the moment, and felt himself drawn to your warmth.

He was absolutely infatuated with you, and you had him wrapped around your finger without even knowing it.

You abruptly turned from the screen, and Connor leant backwards, breaking out of his trance.

"Thanks for letting me borrow your computer Connor," you said, smiling at him. "Just needed to check something with my emails, and I'm too lazy to walk over to my own desk."

Connor tilted his head slightly, looking to your desk, and then back to you.

"Will you not be doing any work today?"