Cassian Andor x Reader ▷ Sunrise

Warnings: Mild violence, death, sadness. Super angsty.

Word Count: 5431 words.

I thought what better place and time (with the new Star Wars movie recently released) to write a one-shot for Cassian.

Side Note: I think that original authors note is a great testiment to my writing schedule. Star Wars: The Last Jedi was released on the 14th of December, 2017. Currently it's late November, 2018. If you thought the Infinity War one shot was long, I apologise. This one is a little excessive.

To whoever took my poll and requested more Star Wars one shots, I hope you enjoy!

~

The first time you saw him was on the planet Torize in a dirty bar with a Cassandra Sunrise in your hands. It tasted of cabbage, charbote root and bourbon, a combination that left a sweet nectar on your tongue. You had an armed blaster and were undoubtedly tipsy, a lopsided grin on your face. Between the blaring song of the band behind you and the yelling of nearby miners and traffickers, you could barely think. This was a bad combination, as you were a messenger working for The Galactic Empire and were easily recognised amongst both the Rebel community and your employers.

Your inebriated state is what undoubtedly led to the literal running into of Cassian Andor. As you walked into the Captain, your drink sloshed over its brim and landed on the floor with a slap. Attempting to suppress a laugh, you patted the man's chest, stumbling back a little.

"Sorry there..." You began, releasing a burp. "Bud."

"It's fine." The Captain muttered, sidestepping. He seemed annoyed, and continued to make his way to the exit. It was only moments later, when you took a wobbly seat at the bar, that he recognised you. Checking for his blaster, the Captain questioned what to do. Due to your current employment, there was a large bounty on your head, and you were likely aware of Empire secrets. He knew that his only option was to intoxicate you further to help let slip any information you were delivering, and shoot you.

You foraged through your pockets for your credit card, only to come back with nothing. Sighing, you swirled what little remained of your drink with a straw. Backtracking, the Captain walked towards you and placed two hands on your shoulders.

"Would you like another drink?" He asked, smiling in faux interest. You turned to face him, leaning back casually and smiling.

"Of course. I'd love another Cassandra Sunrise." You responded, nonchalant. Cassian nodded at the bartender, who promptly grabbed some coloured bottles and began to mix their contents.

"The name's (y/n) (y/l/n)." You said, smiling.

"Anton Huminek." He responded, giving you a fake name and gesturing to an empty booth. You nodded, following him to the worn leather seats. Years of alcohol coated the metal table like a lacquer, sticky underneath your calloused hands. Stretching your legs along the seat, you turned your body to face Cassian.

"You come here often?" He asked.

You scrunched your face. "Only when I'm nearby. Can't say I stick around in one place for too long."

"So then why here? You waiting for someone?" Cassian pried, hoping to find out some information about the First Order.

You chuckled.