Chapter 16

I want this game to be over... I miss my Kyoya... You're not like my Kyoya while playing this game. You're cold. You're rude. You're treating me like you treat everyone else.

I... felt special when you smiled at me.

I want you to hold me again.

Just one hug...

Please?

"Master Aiko... you're not dressed,"

I looked at my butler with a sullen expression. He looked a bit taken aback, then nervous.

"I—is something wrong..?"

"Kyoya... is playing the uncaring game,"

He seemed to relax despite me telling him the bad news.

"Well, uhm, you've just got to play better than him,"

I tilted my head slightly. "Better? How?"

He grabbed my uniform and began to help me into it. "You're going to go to school, and act like you don't care that he doesn't care, you're going to ignore him and focus on your other friends," he helped button up my blazer as I stared. "As a Toshigawa, you will not be the first to give in,"

I nodded. "Toshigawa men never back away from a challenge,"

"Exactly," he ruffled my hair. "Come on, Isaac is waiting,"

Isaac? Is that... my drivers name?

"Thank you," I stood from my desk chair.

I walked downstairs, getting into the limo. The drive was silent, as it usually is. As my driver opened my door and I stepped out, I grabbed his arm.

"Your name is Isaac?"

He nodded, staring at me with wide eyes. I realized I probably scared him and released his arm.

"Im trying to get better with names," i bowed my head and then was quick to walk away.

I went to the flower garden again, staying away from the forget-me-nots that seemed to remind  me of Kyoya. I don't know why. I sat next to a fountain. It was small, an angel in the middle, a Cupid angel, with a his bow and arrow. Water spewing from his puckered marble lips. The water splashed in the pool surrounding the statue, causing it to ripple, the sun flickering off of it in a soothing pattern. I sat on the edge of the fountain, watching.

It was mesmerizing. That water could be so beautiful... but so dangerous.

My chest constricted as I stared at the water, an image of someone struggling came to mind. They squirmed in the water, it looked like they were stuck in something. I leaned forward, reaching for them as they thrashed about. But as soon as I blinked, they were gone. I blinked and leaned back, staring at the water in confusion.

There was someone... there. They were drowning.

"Thought I'd find you in here,"

I picked up my head and spotted Haruhi with Renge behind her. I tilted her head.

"Did I waste my day again?"

Haruhi offered a small smile. "No, I decided to check he before the bell rang. We have club activities all day, so we're not going to class,"

"Oh," I turned toward Renge.

Why is she here?

"I have to assign you your roll," she said simply.

'Roll' I mouthed, looking at Haruhi before I turned back toward Renge. "Alright, What is it?"

The rest of the Host approached us, I kept my eyes on Renge, ignoring the looks they gave me. I didn't want to acknowledge the scene I displayed yesterday.