"Mother that's enough!" Alex spits out.

"Stay out of this Alexander! You don't know for sure it's yours! She could've been with someone else! You two are teenagers for crying out loud, your hormones are all over the place. She could have gave it up to anyone for all we know!" My eyes widen at the shit she's spewing from her mouth.

Suddenly Alexander tenses and shifts in his seat uncomfortably. I look at him in confusion when he removes his hand from mine. He avoids my eyes with an angry look on his face as he stares at the ground.

"I can't handle this right now. This is absolute insanity! I need air," Katherine mutters as she throws her arms up in exasperation. I watch as she makes her way out of the room. Jonas eyes us with a frown before following after her.

I turn to Alexander and try to reach for his hand, but he pulls away. "Alex?" I ask apprehensively.

"Was there anyone else?" He asks with a stone cold voice.

I move back as if he physically hit me. "Are you serious right now?" I ask in shock.

His eyes finally move up to meet mine. His blue eyes are stormy as they swirl with accusations. "Well?"

"Of course not! How dare you accuse me of cheating on you! It's one thing to have Katherine accuse me, but you Alexander... I thought you knew me better than that..." I choke out. I can't even seem to muster up any anger as hurt takes over.

His eyes flash with uncertainty. How could this possibly be the same person who just last week joked that we would be married at some point? I try to reach for him again, but again he pulls away and I feel my eyes get watery. I nod to myself and stand up. He eyes me as I grab my bag off the floor and make my way to the front door. He says nothing as I open the door and walk out; I ignore Katherine and Jonas as I rush down the driveway. Alexander doesn't come after me.

_______________

It's been twenty-two years and Alexander is still insecure and that baffles me completely. You'd think by now he would get it through his head that I love him. Back then it insulted me and was the cause of a few arguments before we moved passed it and he finally believed me. But now I guess I can't really blame him. My first love, who's also a reincarnated soul like me has come back and is claiming us to be soulmates. And on top of that he wants me back...

As we walk I stay quiet, lost in my thoughts until I feel a warm hand grasp mine. I look up at Alex in shock, but his gaze isn't on me. I look to where he is and I see Luna and Wayne waving at us with smiles. Oh. He is holding my hand for show. So no one suspects anything is wrong... My heart clenches painfully at the realization.

Wrong move Johnson. Now my eyes are starting to burn. I'm trying to hold back my emotions so I don't ruin our 'act.' My grip on his hand is loose, barely there, but he tightens it so I can't let go.

"Hey!" Luna says with a smile as we approach them. When she sees my face she frowns and opens her arms. I jump at the chance to move away from Alexander and he reluctantly drops my hands so I can hug Luna. "You okay?" She whispers as she hugs me.

I clear my throat. "Yeah just still upset about Gail," I whisper back and she nods in understanding. I wasn't lying, but that wasn't the reason for my current frown.

"You guys up for some lunch?" Wayne asks gently and gives me a small smile as I pull back from Luna. I nod and put on a smile. He gestures to follow him and I walk in step with Luna making small talk so I don't have to go back to Alexander.

That doesn't last long of course because once we get to Wayne's car, I'm forced into the backseat with him. I feel his gaze on me as we get shut into the enclosed space. I see Luna glance at us from the mirror with a small frown; Alexander unfortunately also sees and reaches over to grab my hand. Despite being watched I pull away and he looks at me in anger. Wayne remains oblivious as he starts the car and begins driving out of the airport. Luna is still frowning but looks away.

The uncomfortable tension lasts throughout lunch and all the way back to our apartment. Wayne and Luna make most of the conversation and I participate so as to not be rude and also to distract myself.

Once Alex and I are inside our apartment I brace myself for whatever is to come. I put the bags in our room and come back out to find Alexander pouring himself a glass of whiskey. I frown and sit down at the table watching him. He downs the first glass before pouring a second.

I stay silent until he goes to drink a third. "Alexander I think that's enough."

He talks a deep breath before turning to me slowly. As if he was trying to prepare himself for whatever was to come. "You know there was one point where I thought of you as my soul mate," he starts and my eyes widen at his words. "But it makes sense that I'm not. Of course you'd be soul mates with another reincarnated soul. I always forget about that part of your life... I thought that part of your life would be our saving grace; I mean it brought you back to me. But it wasn't meant to bring you back to me, it was meant to bring you back to him." He drinks the third glass.

"Alexander—"

"Don't tell me you don't believe him Charlotte. You know very well how real his words could be, with what you both are. Anything is possible..."

He's right, but I don't want him to be right.