• Two •

I felt a tap on my shoulder so I turned around.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Taylor.

"Do you have an extra pencil?" He grinned.

"Yea" I turned around and faced the front.

I heard shifting behind me and another tap on my shoulder so I turned around.. Again.

"Can I borrow one?" He rested his head on his hand.

"I guess" I reached into my bag, pulled out a pencil and handed it to him over my shoulder without turning around to face him.

"Thank you" he whispered in my ear.

That Taylor kid was pretty cute. Ever since he bumped into me he's been on my mind. Lots of people have been telling me to steer clear of him due to the fact that he's a 'bad boy' and doesn't care about anything but guess what Princeton Community. Neither do I.

First period ended and everyone scattered to their lockers.

Second period started and I was a few minutes late.

"Miss Murphy I'm guessing?" The teacher asked.

"Yea" I replied.

"Why are you late?" He crossed his arms across his chest. I already don't like this teacher.

"I'm just late" I rolled my eyes and took a seat.

I hate Science classrooms. They always have the long desks and high chairs. With me being short it's difficult to get into those stupid chairs. It's doable but difficult. I had no one sitting beside me followed by a sink then two boys. One had brown hair and grey eyes, the other one was the dirty blonde haired boy from Math.

"Make sure it doesn't happen again" Mr Clark said sternly.

We were a few minutes into the lesson when another student walked in.

Of course. It had to be Taylor.

"Ahh Taylor so nice of you to join us! Mind explaining why your late?" Mr Clark turned to face Taylor.

"Well" This oughta be good "I was walking down the hallway when all of a sudden the second bell rang. But when I realized I was already late I thought to myself eh Mr Clark won't mind if I'm a few more minutes late" He shrugged.

"Looks like you thought wrong. I'll see you during lunch for detention Mr Caniff. Now take your seat" He said flatly.

I threw my bag on the empty chair next to me along with my legs. I didn't want Taylor to sit beside me. I avoided eye contact as he walked to an empty seat behind the two boys that were beside me.

Mr Clark was going on about Electrons, Protons and Neutrons when a crumpled up piece of paper bounced across my table and on to the floor.

I turned around to see Taylor smiling.

"What" I said.

"Check Twitter" He replied.

I pulled out my iPhone 5S and opened the Twitter app.

< @taylorcaniff: @aviamurphy you look hot today. I really like that skirt on you and I bet it would look better on the floor >

"Fuck you, you perv" I said a bit too loud.

Everyone stared at me.

"Miss Murphy that language isn't appropriate for school. I'm going to have to send you to the office. Take these worksheets and finish them for Wednesday"

I grabbed my bag and walked up to Mr Clark grabbing the worksheets and crumpling them as I shoved them into my bag.

I walked to the office and sat in a chair, crossing my legs.

The bell rang for lunch and I was stuck sitting in the office.

I pulled out my phone and remembered that Jade gave me her number.

• To Jade •

Hey Jade it's Avia. Sorry I can't meet you for lunch I got sent to the office and it looks like I'm spending lunch in here.

Within moments she texted back.

• From Jade •

What happened?

• To Jade •

Taylor happened.

And with that I closed my phone and placed it in my lap.

The office door opened and in came the one and only Taylor.

"Avia you can go now" The secretary smiled.

That was pointless. No one even came to talk to me.

I went to leave the office when Taylor stepped in front of me and leaned against the doorframe.

"Move" I said flatly.

"You're sassy. I like that" He looked down at me and bit his lip.

"Just get out of my way Taylor" I crossed my arms.

"On one condition" He stepped closer to me.

"And what's that?"

"Kiss me" He responded.

"Never" I replied walking around him.

I took a few steps out of the the office until I felt 2 warm hands on my hips that turned me around and pinned me against a wall.

"Hey! I told you my one condition. You can't leave without that kiss" He smirked.

"Fine" His eyes widened and I leaned in slowly.

*Ring*

"Saved by the bell" I whispered.

I walked away and he just stood there smiling. I wasn't gonna kiss him. I wanted to but he would have to work for it.

Third and fourth period went by fast. I had Gym and Social Studies.

My walk home was quiet until I heard a whistle.

I turned around to find Taylor and one of his friends walking on the other side of the sidewalk.

"Are you stalking me?" I yelled.

"No, I'm not. But this kid is!" He shouted back, patting his friend on the shoulder.

"My names Dillon and I'm not stalking you. Taylor's a jerk!" Dillon said.

"Now there's something we both can agree on!" I smirked.

We walked in silence until I saw Taylor turn into his house.

His house was right across from mine..

"Looks like we're neighbours!" Taylor grinned.

"Oh great!" I said sarcastically.

I unlocked my door and threw my stuff on the couch.

"How was school?" My mom asked.

"It was good" I replied.

"Good! By the way I'm having some of the neighbours over for dinner Friday night. I'm inviting the Crawfords, Evans, Rupp's, and Caniffs" I face palmed myself when I heard the Caniffs. "They all have kids around your age so you won't be stuck with all the adults" She smiled.

"Sounds fun" I fake smiled.