Fifty - Sunshine

A/N: Just a disclaimer, I am from the UK and have never been to America, and I have no knowledge of any named places or what anything is like, so that's why everything is pretty vague with details and sorry if some of it doesn't match to real life! Then again, this is purely fiction so I probably don't even have to make this disclaimer, but I'm a nervous person so I just had to make this clear for my own peace of mind. :)

"Arin... You sentimental bastard," Dan said softly, wiping his eyes subtly as he had unknowingly started crying a bit.

"I was wondering when you'd realise where we were," Arin mused as he took a bite of his own meal.

"Took me a second, but yeah I figured it out. I can't believe you remembered what I ordered."

"Hey, that day is important to me," Arin shrugged, "And I figured our first date should mean something."

"Aw, you're gonna make me cry again."

"As long as they're happy tears and not sad ones," added Arin with a chuckle.

"I could never be sad when you're here with me."

~ after the meal ~

"Man, I feel like I'm about to explode, I'm so full," Dan groaned as he and Arin left the sushi place.

"Hey, no exploding just yet! Our date's not over," Arin protested.

"What, are you gonna take me to my uncle's house next?" Dan joked.

Arin laughed, pulling Dan towards him and giving his temple a kiss, then leading him back to the car.

"No, this is something way better," he said as the two of them climbed in.

"You going to tell me what that is? Or is this a surprise as well?" Dan asked, pretty sure that he already knew what the answer was.

The silence that followed told him that he was right - he could tell that Arin was grinning as he withheld the information.

They drove for a while, much longer than Dan had expected. As he listened to Arin humming along to music he couldn't help but grow curious, wishing that Arin wasn't so much for surprises. He knew that Suzy was never fond of them, so it made sense that Arin would take any chance with Dan. He smiled as a song he recognised came on.

~ later more :) ~

The car pulled to a stop and Arin turned the music off. Dan checked his phone quickly for the time: 7:30.

Wow, time sure flies.

He somehow hadn't noticed Arin get out of the car and jumped as his door was opened suddenly.

"M'lady," Arin said, offering his hand and running with the princess joke.

Dan smiled, though he waved Arin away and got out by himself.

"I'm an independent woman, Arin," he retorted, unable to keep a straight face as he laughed.

"A sexy, independent woman," Arin corrected as he locked the car.

Dan blushed, turning away slightly as he felt suddenly exposed to the world. His relationship was on show, which in itself made him a little uncomfortable, not to mention he had no idea where they were.

"Boy are you flirty this evening," he commented.

"Isn't that how you're supposed to be on a date?" Arin asked, confused, "If so, you need to step up your game Avidaniel."