Sixteen - Telling Ross

Dan heard the door to the recording room open and spun around.

"Arin?" he asked hopefully.

"Nope, just me." It was Ross.

Dan's heart sank but he guessed that Arin was the reason that Ross had come to talk to him. He felt Ross sit down beside him.

"Where's Arin?" the blind man asked worriedly.

"He's just finished puking his brains out in the bathroom," commented Ross, his tone surprisingly calm for the words he was saying.

"What? I didn't realise it was that bad! I thought he was just panicked after I-"

No, it's not my place to say anything.

"After you?" urged Ross, his voice lilting at the end of the sentence.

"It's best if Arin tells you."

Ross gave a sigh.

"He won't say anything. That's why I came to ask you."

"Well he obviously doesn't want anyone to know, then. Sorry Ross, I'm not saying anything either." Dan folded his arms across his chest.

"Come on, Dan. Suzy is really worried; Arin never keeps stuff from her," Ross pushed, his voice serious.

Shit, I didn't even think about Suzy. She'll be heartbroken if she finds out. But Ross...

"Okay, I'll tell you what happened. Just... promise me you won't tell Suzy."

Silence. Though Dan couldn't see his face he was sure that Ross was probably frowning, confused as hell.

"If you say so, but.. why not?" he replied after a while.

"You'll realise when you hear what I'm about to tell you."

Sorry, Arin. I know that you probably don't want anyone to know just yet, but I don't know what else to do. Maybe Ross can help me make sense of why you did what you did.

"Arin kissed me."

A/N: sorry short chapter :) didn't know what else to do, and I feel like this line gives a nice cliffhanger that I couldn't think of how to drag out more. i'll put up the next one asap to make up for this one