The Best Wing Man Ever

(A/N- There is a mature section at the end of this chapter.)

*Mike's P.O.V*

Waking up next to Harlow felt great. Everything about last night played through my mind causing me to smile even though I felt tired. Going into the date, I hadn't expected any of what had happened but I also didn't mind it. Harlow was amazing and made me feel things I haven't felt in years. From what she has told me, it was the same on her end as well. That felt fucking great and made me hopeful that maybe one day she'd be mine officially. Looking at the time on the alarm clock near the bed I was surprised at how early it was. 7:54 a.m. On my left, Harlow was sleeping on her side facing away from me and even though I didn't want to wake her up, I curled up behind her wanting to hold her in my arms. A soft sigh was heard from the woman I was wrapped around as she scooted back allowing her back to press fully against my front. I pressed a gentle kiss to the side of her neck causing her to smile with her eyes closed which caused my stomach to flutter at the sight.

"Either I'm still dreaming or I really do have a handsome man in my bed with me," Harlow said in a raspy voice thanks to her just waking up.

"Would either one be good?"

"The dream would be the normal. I'd prefer the second if I had a say."

I tightened my hold on her waist just a bit. "I'd prefer the second too." Harlow shook slightly in my arms with no sound coming out before her laughter filled the room. "What are you laughing at?"

"You'd prefer to have a handsome man in bed with you?" She asked continuing to laugh. Pulling away from her I noticed that tears were falling from her eyes while she laughed.

"I was being sweet and you ruined it," I told her shaking my head moving away from her body laying onto my back. Harlow turned around wiping her eyes with a stray chuckle here or there.

"I'm sorry. It was really sweet," She replied kissing my cheek gently. "I know what you meant, but I couldn't pass the chance up. I love when you're sweet like that to me. Just like I loved waking up the way I did this morning."

"Did you?" I ask turning back onto my side placing my right arm around her waist. Harlow nodded her head leaning in closer with her left hand on the side of my neck. The kiss placed to my lips was soft and lingering. The scent of Harlow's hair and skin filled my senses which caused my body to react. Without ever verbally acknowledging the reaction, Harlow's hand trailed down my body gripping it loosely through my boxers. I moaned at the feeling as she broke away from our kiss to place her lips at my chest going below the blanket as she did so working her way to where her hand was before taking me into her mouth. Jesus Christ, this woman really would be the death of me but in the best way possible.

Being with Harlow and surrounded by her 'if you never try, you'll never know' attitude, I found myself wanting to do things I haven't done in a long time. Even though I lived on my own with one of my friends, cooking wasn't really something I did often. There were meals and foods I knew I could cook, but I hadn't felt the urge to make them since take out was the easiest option. So while Harlow showered after us finally pulling ourselves away from the others body and the warm haven of her bed, I decided to make us breakfast. Nothing fancy, just eggs and pancakes which I remembered how to make. My goal was to surprise Harlow. Surprising her was definitely a word I would say she was when her fire alarm began going off as I burnt the second pancake in the skillet pan.

Harlow ran into the kitchen in her bra and jeans with a towel wrapped around her hair. Her eyes were large and round as she took in the scene. "Jesus Christ, I seriously thought there was a fire," She commented holding a hand to her heart for just a second before waving an oven mitt in front of the fire detector. After a few waves, it stopped blaring its piercing sound and the mitt was placed back onto the counter. Harlow walked to the window in the kitchen cracking it open letting the small amount of smoke still in the room leave. "Ah, you're using the evil pan. That fucking pan is the worst. I should've thrown it out."