CH. 14 No one touches my wife

Start from the beginning

I keep telling myself it's going to be okay.

I keep telling myself that you should be grateful, that my wife is alive.

That my wife didn't stay in the coma, that she wasn't brain dead.

I keep telling myself to be grateful that she woke up.

Of course, I was grateful but that doesn't mean I wasn't worried.

an inner voice of mine keeps telling me, what if she never remembers.

What if she never remembers anything.

It'll hurt me if that happens, but she is still my Melanie so if she doesn't remember, then I'll tell her and then I'll make new memories with her.

I had to clear my head. We just need to get into that lab. I got into a conversation with Chris, trying to tame us both because we both knew there was a war going in each other heads.

When we got to the lab and actually went in.

My eyes widen at what was displayed, the woman body on the floor.

My wifes screamed alarmed me even more, the screaming voicing her fear to anyone's ears.

I saw Chris pulled Kassie Miller away, I saw Tiara backing away, her back hitting the wall.

I quickly make my way to Melanie.

"Shhh, baby look at me. Look at me, baby. Don't look over there." I said to Melanie, trying to calm her down. I didn't want her looking at the woman's body that was on the floor, with blood flowing from her body.

I didn't want her looking at the written words on the wall that were written with blood.

"He's here and he's coming for us." Kassie Miller said and Melanie pushed me gently away. Grabbing her sister Tiara from the wall and walking towards Kassie.

"I'm here and I'm taking my 3 girls with me," Tiara said causing my blood to boil.

I look at the Captain to see a shocked look on his face.

The monster is under our noses, he's here somewhere and the Captain didn't even know.

Wasn't even alerted.

Where did he come from? There's no way Melanie and Tiara are staying here. I need to take them home.

"He killed her for what?" Melanie said staring at the dead woman body on the floor.

By the way, the woman was dressed, she was definitely someone who worked in the lab.

"Melanie, come here. Don't look at that baby." I said but Melanie wouldn't budge.

I went to go to her but the words she said next had me frozen.

"Have we seen dead bodies before?" She asked, her voice loud.

"Yeah, we have," Tiara answered.

I knew that very moment that Melanie felt a familiar feeling to seeing that dead body.

a chill ran through my body.

These are definitely not the memories I wanted her to remember first.

When she grabbed my hand earlier and nibbled on it.

My heart leap. It was something she would always do.

Those are things I want her to remember first, not the bad ones.

Suddenly footsteps were heard and I guessed the captain called in his people.

My eyes widen when a man with a white lab coat identical to the woman on the floor came in, dropping his food and running towards us.