Epilogue

After hearing from Sabrina late at night that Jackson had vanished after their argument, Andy had done some digging into where he could've ended up. Eventually he was forced to track Jackson's mobile via GPS which indicated he was now in Scotland. Vintage Lee Jackson.

He had then notified law enforcement to check out what he was up to, with urgency. Jackson had been found a couple of hours away from death, slowly bleeding out. Having been transported to Glasgow Royal Infirmary, he had spent three days in a serious condition before becoming more lucid. He then gave his statement about everything he had learned and continued his recovery.

Sabrina had been by his side since the first night, stroking his hair and holding his hand in much the same way that The Dhan had held Daniel's earlier that night. 

When he finally came around, Jackson felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for her. It was the exact thing he wanted to see as his brain clicked back into motion. The love of his life.

"Hey you." Was all she said, beaming at him.

"Hello there." Jackson croaked back groggily.

She laughed at him and kissed his cheek.

"Sorry I was such a bitch the other night, Lee."

"It's fine babe, you didn't shoot me down so bad. Someone else did though." He pointed at where his bullet wound was beneath his hospital robe.

She laughed again and burrowed her head against his neck. Jackson purred and lifted a hand to caress the back of her head. 

"God, I could propose to you right now." He said.

At this she pulled back and almost spoke, before stopping herself. Their eyes remained locked.

"What? What's wrong?" Jackson asked her from the hospital bed.

"Nothing." She shifted uncomfortably and looked at the floor.

Jackson was puzzled for another moment before he realised. Shit! She wants me to propose!

"Oh...Oh! OK, well... I'd really like... I love you. So much." The words tumbled out as he tried to get this right. But, how can I? I haven't got a ring! He thought. "I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're the love of my life and I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you. I'll never let my job come before you again and I just want you to know that you mean more to me than you can possibly imagine."

She bit her lip and her eyes shone with emotion.

Jackson's voice caught in his throat slightly as he spoke. He went to prop himself up a bit higher, but winced as he tried to move.

"Sabrina Jeffers, will y-"

"It's fine babe, I've got you covered." She interrupted him midway through the vital question and stood up.

"You're a bit worse for wear right now and just downright terrible at taking hints, so I've got something that I want to ask you."

She pushed the chair back slightly and rummaged in her handbag for something. Having found it, she turned and got down on one knee.

Jackson was now weeping with both joy and shock, "Sab! Are you kidding me!" He exclaimed.

"Deadly serious, Lee. Now will you be quiet so I can ask you my question?" Her voice was equally emotion-laden.

Looking up at a weeping, wounded and dishevelled Lee Jackson, Sabrina spoke.

"Lee Jackson, will you marry me?" She asked, presenting him with a silver wedding band.

"Yes! Of course babe!" 

They embraced, tears in full flow for both of them. 

"My mum is going to be furious with me!" Jackson said. Their laughter echoed down the halls of Glasgow Royal Infirmary all that night and for many nights afterwards.