Chapter 14

COP IN CRITICAL CONDITION AFTER CHARITY CHIEF EXPOSED

Mere days after my enthralling interview with Priya Dhaneshwari, CEO of The Torchbearers (AKA The Dhan), she has been found dead alongside a seriously wounded local police officer, Lee Jackson and a man who's identity is being withheld by law enforcement.

The chaos unfolded in the early hours of yesterday morning at a property on the shores of Loch Arklet, Scotland, where The Dhan was found having apparently committed suicide. Mr Jackson was found with a bullet wound to his stomach that was not self inflicted and the other man was found to have died from a long-term illness.

Yet, the drama doesn't end there. Mr Jackson released a statement immediately after regaining consciousness which is quite simply, astounding. 

He claims that The Dhan has been funnelling donated money from The Torchbearers to her own personal cause. The unnamed man was her apparent lover, suffering from a terminal illness and The Dhan was diverting a significant amount of her charity's assets into his preservation and upkeep.

At the same time, to cement her charity's place at the top of the pile and secure extensive funds for medical equipment, she had employed a killer to eliminate any potential threats to the success of The Torchbearers. Therefore, Mr Jackson accuses The Dhan of organising countless murders, including the recent freak derailment of a train which killed more than 15 people.

The policeman from Leeds also added that she had hoped to add him to her list of victims, explaining that she had shot him when he had tried to talk her down from using a handgun on him.

Quite the night's work for Mr Jackson! 

One might go as far to say that he is the real torchbearer in this crazy turn of events, for if it wasn't for his illumination of The Dhan's evil exploits, then she may still be on the rampage even as I write.

Some of Britain's top detectives have been working tirelessly to verify Mr Jackson's accusations and they have since found everything he said to be true. The Torchbearers have suspended all operations in the wake of the scandal.

Additional verification of  Lee Jackson's story came from a Leeds resident who selflessly offered Mr Jackson his car to pursue The Dhan north into Scotland. Kurt, 26, spoke to me about his dealing with Officer Jackson, "He's a real class act and an asset to the force. With guys like him involved, our streets will be safe, have no doubt. I only offered him my car, he's the real hero!"

While Mr Jackson may be the hero of this story, Kurt is a certainly an admirable sidekick. That's for sure!

Despite his dance with death, he aims to continue in the force, stating that it's what he does best. Although he did admit that would be subject to his girlfriend's approval. 

The cleanup continues in Scotland, but the stains left on perhaps the most honourable line of work by such an adored character may never wash out completely. But with people like Lee Jackson in our society, we might just pull through.

If you have any information that may be useful in bringing a fugitive to justice, contact West Yorkshire Police,

email: wypolice

call: 01274966997

West Yorkshire Police HQ, Leeds

By Alice Fuller, Journalist for Cultural Affairs