Chapter 20

Alex POV

Come back, come back to me

Like you would, you would if this was a movie,

Stand in the rain outside 'till I came out

I was listening to Taylor Swift's "If This was a Movie." She was crying over one of her break-ups again. I teared up when she sung the verse.

Come back, come back to me

Like you could, you could, if you just say you're sorry

I know that we could work it out somehow

But if this was a movie you'd be here right now...

Oh how I wished he would just come back. How I wish...

It was my second day at my aunts place. I had come to her the day before. And, guess what? My flight to Ohio is tomorrow. Yay. Note the sarcasm.

If Harry would come back, anytime, anywhere, I would forgive him. I was mature enough to understand everything as a misunderstanding. But Harry being himself, immature and stubborn, I doubt it. I smiled at myself thinking about his child-ish ways and the way he held me in his arms, the way his lips felt on mine...

I had to get over him.

But I just can't. My heart has other plans.

Right when I was day-dreaming, someone knocked at my bedroom door. It was my aunt,

"Alex, honey, someones here to meet you," she said.

Was it Harry? My heart started to race.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Some boy, he said his name was Liam, I think."

Liam? Here? How'd he...

"Okay, I'll be there in five."

I dried my hair quickly and went outside. And sure enough Liam was sitting on the sofa.

"Alex! How are you?" he stood up taking me in his arms. I just couldn't help it. I starting weeping in his chest.

We just stood there in silence arm in arm, as he patted my head and I cried the last of my tears.

"Do you want to go out? Get some fresh air, love?" he asked as my tears ceased.

I just nodded, I called out to my aunt that I was going out for a while and then headed to Liam's car.

I started to step in his car when he stopped me-

"Do you wanna walk? I saw a park just down the street we can talk there," he asked.

"Sure," I replied.

We started to walk, I asked him,

"Why are you here?"

"Look, Alex, I know you're really mad at Harry,"

"No I'm not. In fact, if he would come up to me and say 'sorry' I'll just forgive him right away," tears filled my eyes, "that's how much I miss him and it had only been a day. I don't know what I'll do for the rest of my life without him..."

"He misses you, he wants to forget everything, but he just doesn't know it. He's very protective of Niall. He didn't have anyone to blame at the time, and Remi wasn't there at the time, so he took out all of his anger on you. I'm pretty sure he regrets what he did. He really loves you. And you really love him, everyone knows it. It's no secret.

"Well, duh, because we were dating for a while..."

"No, even before that, when you didn't like him, he loved you...a lot. Everyone saw it, everyone but, you. You were just really blind. And after so much chasing he finally got you. But then when the Remi incident happened, he blamed you," he continued, "You know why he blamed you?"

I shook my head.

"Because he was torn apart in love and brotherhood. One side it was you who had witnessed everything and also took responsibility of Remi, and on the other hand, was his best friend, Niall. He was in great shock and he had no idea what he was doing. So, in other words, you are paying for Remi's doings."

We reached the park and sat down on a bench. I needed time to think over what Liam had just said. We just sat there in silence watching birds fly and children play as the sun set in front of us.

"Can I tell you something?" I said. Liam nodded so I went on, "You know, I was never like this. I didn't believe in love, or even relationships. It was just me and the books. Harry changed me. He might not know it but, he made me realize what its like to live life, have fun and let it loose sometimes. I always thought that all  boys were....well dirty, and cheats. He proved me wrong.

Liam chuckled, and I went on-

"That boy doesn't know what impact he has on me. I now realize that I never really disliked him. Always, somewhere in my heart, I loved Harry. I was just afraid of admitting it, too embarrassed, you could say. That night, when I kissed him, it was like the inner 'me' decided to make a 'gues-appearance' of some sort and, the kiss, it just happened, like my inner soul made it happen. If it were the old me, I wouldn't have dared to make the first move. That was very unlike me. You know what I mean?"

Liam looked a bit out of place but he nodded anyway.

"All I want to say is, that you could come back if you want to. I think Harry would really love to see you," Liam stated.

"No, now I'm gonna wait for him. If he comes back, I'll accept him, if he doesn't...." I trailed off I didn't even want to think about that.

 Liam put his arms around me, he was so nice. He was a really great friend and brother.

We talked about other stuff, not so improtant and then he dropped me off and went back to Harry's place.

And what did I do? I started to pack up for my flight the next morning.