• forty-eight •

"Um I don't think you understand the seriousness of this."

Jungkook put his hands on his hips and looked over at Taehyung who had sprawled himself across the bed, taking in the softness of the blanket they'd bought just yesterday. He rolled around, letting all the exposed parts of his body feel the smooth material before turning his head to look at Jungkook.

"Hmm . . . I think you should just wear no pants," Taehyung grinned as his eyes went up and down the boy's exposed legs, very much liking the sight. In response, a pair of jeans were thrown at him as Jungkook huffed and decided he'd just wear sweatpants. He figured his fashion didn't matter considering he'd just be spending the day with friends, in the comfort of Jin and Namjoon's home.

Taehyung pulled the jeans off his face and sat up, "you look good in anything babe."

"So do you," Jungkook complimented in return, now feeling as though his outfit wasn't too disastrous. Rather than unflatteringly baggy maybe it was just . . . very casually comfortable. Jungkook nodded at that thought, trying to remind himself that he needed to be less tough on himself for practically everything he did. There were more important things to worry about than an outfit.

"You know what," Jungkook turned to look at Taehyung, his expression a confusing mix of questionably angry and or happy, "I look fantastic."

Taehyung clapped and vigorously nodded his head, "yes, you're absolutely stunning baby."

"Beautiful even."

"Gorgeous."

Jungkook's cheeks heated up with embarrassment as he fell against the bed, hiding his face in the soft blanket. The couple had been trying to do this as of recently – give themselves and each other compliments as a way to boost confidence and self-esteem. Jungkook was still getting familiar with it all, becoming shy every time Taehyung even said something nice and small.

A hand was slapped against the younger's ass, "come on, we've got to go now or else we'll be late and I'm not letting Yoongi be there before me."

Jungkook looked up with an eyebrow raised in question.

"I don't know honestly, I just feel like beating him today," Taehyung laughed as he stood up, walking to the door of the bedroom where he picked up his shoes. Jungkook followed behind, also grabbing his shoes, before the two made their way through the home and to outside. It was softly raining but judging by the thick, dark clouds, it'd no doubt begin pouring down heavier later on.

"If it storms I'll cry," Taehyung mumbled as he got in the driver's seat.

"Me too," Jungkook cheekily added on, "you can't even drive in normal weather."

Taehyung gasped and looked at the boy with a face of offence, "don't make me turn this car around."

"We're not even out of the driveway yet."

". . . I don't appreciate the attitude," Taehyung faked a pout and shook his head as he switched on the engine. Just before they started driving, Jungkook leaned over and kissed the man's cheek, saying a quick 'love you' in an almost sing-song voice.

Through light rain and relatively empty streets, the couple drove and belted out the lyrics to songs on the radio before arriving at their destination. Taehyung was glad to see Yoongi wasn't there, unless he'd walked again in which case he might-

"Hurry up you two!" Yoongi yelled from the front porch, "Hobi brought food and yours is getting cold."

The man then walked back inside, leaving Taehyung to grumble while Jungkook laughed at his reaction. Picking up his bag, Jungkook stepped out of the car and started making his way to front door with Taehyung following shortly after.

"Kookie!" Jin's excited yell sounded as the two stepped inside, "TaeTae!"

Taehyung immediately forgot about the race he'd made up in his head and instead happily pulled Jin into a hug. He did the same for Jimin, arms going around the boy a little tighter as it felt like they hadn't seen each other in a while.

"Hobi, how goes the home decorating?" Taehyung asked as he sat down next to the aforementioned.

"Home decorating?" Jimin repeated as he returned to his seat at the table, next to Yoongi who was between he and Namjoon.

Taehyung was halfway through eating a piece of chicken, "ooh scandalous~, you didn't tell them?"

"I told Yoongi," Hoseok reached across the table and flicked the mentioned man's head, "you were meant to pass the message on."

And so Hoseok recounted the Hana situation, earning many shocked gasps from Jimin who hit Yoongi for not telling him sooner and scolded Hobi for the same thing. The boy made the older promise that next time a woman went into a frenzy and started trashing Hobi's house, he'd be the first one called.

"Kids are basically the same as crazy people so I'm very experienced," Jimin confidently stated though in his heart he was fairly certain he wouldn't be able to really handle a situation like that.

"So, tell me about this," Hoseok pointed at Yoongi and Jimin, "because I only found out a few days ago, from Jin, and frankly I'm just insulted."

Yoongi simply shrugged, "we're together now."

Despite already knowing about it, both Jin and Jungkook squealed like teenage girls, throwing a piece of food at each other as some form of celebration. They were happy for their two friends, but mostly Jimin. They were glad that he'd found someone to love him the way he deserved to be loved.

"Wow that is definitely news to me it's not like I just told you I knew that," Hoseok sarcastically replied, "I want details please. Give the goss."

"Goss?" Yoongi repeated with his nose scrunched up, "I'm sorry but we can't be friends anymore."

Yet again, Hoseok reached across the table and flicked Yoongi which earned him a kick under the table.

i wrote this half asleep so it's kinda shitty but hey hey double update!! :)