• s i x t e e n •

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

╰── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╯

The apartment was mostly quiet for the night, only the occasional car passing by on the street and television lowly playing the news. Fast clicking over a keyboard would occasionally break through the silence before the writer paused to read over what had just been written and think of the next sentence. Yoongi didn't always work like this - taking breaks between each sentence - but he was still coming out of his writer's block.

At one second where the writer paused, no cars passed and television was quiet with a scene transition, there was a cry that broke through the silence. There was a thud, then a short yell before a second thud, then came the crying and Yoongi was practically bolting off the couch as he heard a faint 'Y – Yoonie!' through the walls.

He knocked on the bathroom door before opening it himself, figuring that nothing good had come from the sounds inside. He was right. Jimin was on the floor, sobbing with his knee cradled in his hands. The boys body was slick with water, blonde bangs stuck down on his face. A white towel was haphazardly wrapped around himself, already slipping down to expose his chest.

"I swipped," Jimin cried out, pulling his knee closer to himself, "it reawwy hurts."

Yoongi took notice of the big puddle by the bathtub, still full with water and bubbles that smelt like honey. He wasn't sure where to find such a bath bubble scent but Jimin clearly knew and he had an abundance of bottles stuffed under the sink.

"Let me see," Yoongi bent down next to the boy, gently peeling his hands away. It was nothing too serious, just a small bruise already beginning to form.

"Do I need hopsitble?" Jimin sniffled, messily wiping at his tears with the backs of his hands.

It took Yoongi a second to realise what he was saying, then shook his head, gently placing his hand over the boy's knee, "you'll be ok, don't worry."

Jimin lifted his chin at the comment, starting to feel a bit stupid at crying so much. He didn't want to look like a baby, especially not in front of Yoongi.

"I wasn't," the boy confidently stated, beginning to bite at his lower lip as he looked down at the bruise.

Yoongi caught onto the nervous action, tilting his head to the side so he was in the view of the little. He wordlessly questioned him with a raised brow. Jimin looked away, a little shy to admit what he wanted.

"I just think . . ." the boy felt his face get hot with slight embarrassment, "maybe I should get a band-aid?"

Yoongi was about to deny the idea, point out that it wasn't necessary, but he caught himself before he did. If Jimin wanted a band-aid, then he could get a band-aid. It's not like it cost anything.

With a simple 'ok', the older man stood and gestured for the other to do the same. It wasn't until Jimin's face grew a deeper red, eyes flickering to quickly look down at his body, did he realise that the younger was still naked beneath his towel. Yoongi stiffly nodded his head before leaving the bathroom with a deep exhale.

Jimin dried himself off, making sure to be careful over his knee. He then messily ran the towel through his hair, making the blonde strands stick out in every direction. The boy giggled at his reflection, pulling some faces in the mirror before he got dressed into his star decorated pyjamas. They were a simple navy blue, a random pattern of yellow stars varying in size printed across the pattern. The biggest star was over his heart and he liked to think it was a sign that one day he'd be a pretty star.

Leaving the bathroom, Jimin found his caregiver standing in the kitchen, spoon stirring through a mug of what looked to be coffee.

"Doesn't that make you awake?" Jimin asked as he plopped himself down in one of the three stools on the other side of the bench.

"I have to finish this chapter before I go to bed," Yoongi explained as he threw his spoon into the sink and lifted the beverage to his lips, so familiar with the scolding temperature that it didn't bother him too much anymore.

Jimin frowned at the comment, "seep is good for you and I want you to be healfy."

Yoongi acted like the comment didn't make him to smile a little at how endearing it was.

"Well, I want you to be healthy too, so let's get this band-aid on," Yoongi cleared his throat and went to pick up the box from the counter before Jimin let out a muffled cry of protest. Not wanting to be obvious about it, he looked at the cupboard behind Yoongi, subtly gesturing to it. The older man thankfully caught on and pulled open the door, being met with a Disney themed box. He smiled, now knowing why the little had wanted band-aids.

He came around the counter and bent down in front of Jimin, carefully rolling up the boy's pyjamas pant leg.

"Yoonie?" Jimin mumbled, eyes watching the top of the older man's head who hummed out a 'yeah?' in response.

Before Jimin could ask his question, Yoongi held out the box for him to choose his favourite design. He picked out the yellow one with Belle from Beauty and the Beast, figuring the colour would go with his pyjamas . . . and because that princess was one of his favourites. She was just really pretty.

Yoongi made sure to be gentle, not wanting to press on the bruise as he knew that would just hurt the boy. Carefully, he placed it over the boy's knee, smoothing it down gently with his fingers before standing back up again.

"Yoonie, cood I read one of your stories?" Jimin asked, eyes wide and hopeful. No one had ever read his work – at least, no one that knew his true identity. He was just 'Suga' to those that decided to pick up one of his already published books. Even just the thought of someone close to him actually reading over his work was . . . nerve-wracking.

"Um," the male drew out the one word as he put the band-aids away, "maybe another day."

"That's what you said about sex," Jimin huffed, disappointed that he couldn't read anything.

Yoongi violently cringed, "let's just forget about it, ok?"