• forty-three •

"How much is too much?"

Both boys looked at the six containers of strawberries that had just been placed in the shopping cart. Jungkook looked up innocently, hopefully.

"That much," Tae answered, picking up three containers and returning them to the shelf. After their moment on the couch in the morning, the couple had decided to go food shopping. Mostly because Jungkook had quickly eaten all the strawberries and decided he wanted, needed, more and partly because the fridge was starting to look a little scarce.

Stepping onto the side of the trolley, Jungkook scanned over the items of the shelves as Taehyung walked around. Every so often he would reach out and put some sweets in the trolley, only to have them put back by Tae.

"You're no fun," Jungkook pouted.

"I can guarantee that tomorrow you won't even like strawberries," Taehyung commented, "and you don't even like sour foods."

Jungkook looked at the bag of sour gummies he held, realising that his cravings may have been getting the best of him. The man was right, one day Jungkook could be scoffing down chocolates and the next he'd be sticking his nose up at the idea of even touching them. It was almost the same for the majority of foods the boy ate.

"Shopping is boring," Jungkook mumbled, shimmying around the side of the trolley to sit himself down on the front. Taehyung leaned to the side so he could see past the boy, pushing them into the next aisle.

"You didn't have to come," Taehyung replied as they started making their way past deodorants and shampoos.

Jungkook looked at the man over his shoulder, "but then you'd be bored on your own."

"So . . . you came so we could be bored together?"

Rather than answering, Jungkook yet again snatched something off a passing shelf, "haven't used these in a while."

There was a choked gasp next to them. They turned to look at the elderly woman who had happened to pass by just as Jungkook held up the box of condoms. She looked flabbergasted that he was even holding the box, little own talking openly about using them – or rather, not using them. Her skirt reached her ankles and thin cardigan was securely pulled up to cover her shoulders – she appeared to be rather conservative.

The woman quickly moved along, falling out of earshot of whatever conversation was going on between the two boys.

"Do you want me to use them?" Taehyung asked, taking the box from Jungkook and reading the label.

"No," the boy smirked a little, "I like feeling you al-"

"Moving on," Taehyung cleared his throat and put the box back, continuing forward.

They turned into the next aisle, mostly made up of cleaning products and animal food. As it had started, the rest of the shopping trip was rather boring. They got the rest of what they needed, paid, and hauled their bags back to the car.

"I'll drive," Jungkook took the keys from Tae's back pocket and went to the driver's side. The boy didn't drive often, mostly because it had become almost automatic for Tae to drive. And where Jungkook went, Tae more often than not went too as they shared the same circle of friends.

Getting into the car, the couple made their way out of the grocery store parking lot and started heading the way home. Jungkook hummed to himself as he drove around, violently braking a few times from a sudden red light that he may or may not have been paying attention to. When he wasn't being lurched forward by the sudden brakes, Taehyung was admiring the simplicity of the moment. From the nice music playing on the radio, to the sweet humming next to him, to the beauty of a man currently struggling to make a U-turn.

"This is . . ." Jungkook gritted his teeth as he turned the wheel, "this is ridiculous."

"You should have just let me drive," Tae laughed.

Jungkook stubbornly shook his head, "I need to start pulling my weight around here."

Tae shot the boy a dumb look, "firstly, you don't need to do anything. Secondly, if you really want to, find something else because we've almost gotten into a few crashes."

Jungkook pretended to think for a minute, "hmm . . . how about . . . I top?"

"Excuse me?" Taehyung almost choked on his shock. The question had been so unexpected, he was awaiting something along the lines of 'I'll bring in the groceries'.

"I've actually been thinking about it lately," Jungkook admitted casually.

"How about you just ride me? Then you can be on top."

Again, Jungkook pretended to be in thought before blurting out, "call me daddy."

Taehyung was again shocked, but at the same time, he was comforted to know that his baby boy was coming back to normal - his teasing and cheeky comments. And although he didn't truly want to, Taehyung sat up in his seat and looked dead-serious at Jungkook.

"Ok, daddy," Taehyung replied, purposely lowering his voice because he knew it had an effect on Jungkook.

The boy was silent for a moment, sitting in his own bubble of thought. Wanting to further test the boy, Tae reached out and placed his hand on Jungkook's upper thigh, slowly gliding it up until he was at a point where he could feel the material of the boy's jeans begin to strain.

"Fine," Jungkook sighed, shifting his position a little, "I can't top. At least not to you."

Taehyung leaned across the centre console as they came to a stop at a red light. He softly gripped Jungkook's chin and turned the boy to face him.

"You'll always be my baby boy," Taehyung smiled before pressing their lips together in a quick, sweet kiss.

to be honest, i didn't really know what to do with this chapter so it's just a bit of a mess now