• thirty-two •

"Then let's be boyfriends."

And that was when it struck Yoongi. That desire to just pull Jimin into his lap and kiss the boy like the sun would never rise again.

"I . . . no Minnie, don't say that kind of stuff," Yoongi quickly stood up, accidently knocking down his chair as he did so. He needed to leave. He needed some space to clear his head and think this through.

Jimin clutched his bear to his chest as he too stood up, "Papa, 'm sorry I-"

"Just," Yoongi ran his fingers through his hair, "have your tea."

And with that, the man marched out of the room, accidentally closing the door with a little too much force. Jimin jumped in his spot as the door slammed behind Yoonie. Tears began to well in the littles eyes as he looked down at Bear, hoping the stuffed toy would give him an answer as to what just happened. More specifically, why Yoonie just got mad at him.

Jimin hugged Bear closer into his chest, stuffing his face into the toy as tears began to trickle down his cheeks.

Meanwhile, Yoongi had gone to his own room to pace back and forth while he worried about what he was going to do with Jimin. He thought he just loved the boy the same way he loved all his friends but that had apparently changed. And that was scary for Yoongi. He didn't want to love someone. That made you vulnerable to heartbreak.

Yoongi picked up his jacket and started heading out of his room when he caught sight of Jimin running out of his room and into the living area. Yoongi followed behind the boy and came into the living room to find that Jimin had hidden himself under the blankets on the couch, his voice muffled as he talked to something, or someone.

Initially Yoongi thought he was talking to his toys but that was until he caught a faint 'Hobi'. Why would Jimin call Hoseok? That thought didn't last long either because he heard a soft sob from under the blankets.

Yoongi had made Jimin cry. Again. He had hurt Jimin. Again.

All because Yoongi himself was too afraid of being hurt.

"It's fine buddy, Yoonie has just been stressed out a lot, ok?" Hobi said through the phone, trying his best to comfort Jimin who was a sobbing mess.

"B – but he – he bangeded my door," Jimin curled into himself more, bunching up the blanket to clutch it like some kind of lifeline.

Hobi sighed on the other end of the phone, mentally cursing Yoongi at being so hopeless with relationships, "I'll talk to him. Can you put him on the phone buddy, please?"

Slowly, Jimin dug himself out of the blankets and looked around. Yoonie must still be in his room. Jimin wiped at his eyes even though it didn't do much considering more tears replaced the dried ones. He got up from the couch and walked down the hallway, hesitantly approaching Yoongi's room. He knocked on the door frame before hiding out of sight and only sticking his hand out.

"Hobi wants to tawk wif you," Jimin tried to sound like a big boy and act like he wasn't even sad.

Jimin felt the phone get taken out of his hand. Just as he was about to run back to either his own room or the living room where all the warm blankets were, he was kept in his place after Yoongi told him to 'wait'. Not wanting to get in more trouble, Jimin obeyed and kept in his place.

Yoongi and Hoseok talked over the phone. Yoongi briefly explained the situation and was scolded by Hoseok for being 'such an idiot'. After the quick run-down of what had happened, Yoongi promised to answer Hoseok's questions later and then the two ended their call.

"Come," Yoongi walked out of his room and gestured for Jimin to follow him into the living room where the two boys sat down on the couch, a cushion and pile of blankets between them.

Jimin tried to keep himself calm but his will-power didn't last long as he burst into tears yet again.

"Sowwy, I didn't mean to," he hiccupped, "m – make you mad Papa," another hiccup, "I ju – just wanted a wittle kitty."

Yoongi's heart ached at seeing how upset he had made Jimin.

"Minnie, you didn't do anything wrong," Yoongi turned his whole body to face the boy, "I need to tell you something."

Jimin wiped at his eyes with his fists, occasionally sniffling and hiccupping.

"You don't wike me?" Jimin asked with his lower lip trembling.

"No, no, of course I like you," Yoongi moved forward and took the boys hands in his own, "and . . . and that's the problem. I like you too much."

Jimin's sadness was then replaced with confusion. His face went blank as he tried to figure out what that meant. Liked him too much? How was that a bad thing?

But Jimin's attention was quickly distracted and instead turned to Yoongi's hands in his own. They were warm and soft and he didn't want to let go. He liked the feeling.

"Jimin? Did you hear me?"

Right. Yoongi liked him too much. Again, how was that a bad thing? Jimin tried to wrap his head around the concept until he came to the conclusion that it meant Yoongi just missed him a lot when he was gone. The same way Jimin missed his friends and the same way he sometimes even missed Yoonie while he was out at the shops.

"I like you too much too," Jimin confidently replied, "I like all my friends too much."

Yoongi held Jimin's hands tighter at the innocence of the boy, "no sweetheart, that's not what I meant."

"What do you mean?"

Yoongi drew in a deep breath and reminded himself it was now or never.

"Jimin, Minnie, I . . . I want to be boyfriends."