Chapter 16

Deidara woke the next morning on the couch with his friend at the opposite end of the furniture, still wrapped up in the blanket that the blonde had given him him last night.

Rubbing his eyes Deidara got off the couch and walked into the kitchen where he didn't notice his father sitting at the table reading until he spoke.
"You could of told me someone was staying the night." The blonde jumped slightly upon hearing his father's voice "right...uhmm sorry bout that dad. It's just I didn't expect to have anyone come over." He spoke softly, that way he didn't wake his friend in the other room.

"What time is it anyway?" Deidara asked leaning on the counter "nine forty five in the morning. There's coffee made if you want any." Deidara shook his head and sat down across from Sumato "I'm good."

"So, if you weren't expecting anyone last night then why is he here? I'm not mad I just want an explanation." Deidara brushed his bangs out of his eyes "Neji just broke up with the person he was in a relationship with.....guess he didn't know who else to go to at the moment.." He explained. Sumato nodded

The father and son talked for fifteen minutes before Neji slowly walked into the kitchen. Deidara chuckled lightly "dad," he stood up and walked over to his long haired friend "this is my friend Neji, he's the one who gives me a ride home after school and picks me up on Wednesdays"

Neji gave a tired wave as he yawned slightly. Deidara only held back his laughter as he walked over to the counter "want any coffee Neji?" The brunette shook his head "no thanks. More of a tea kind of guy" Deidara laughed lightly "like that wasn't obvious"

Sumato chuckled "well I have to go to work," he stood up and grabbed his jacket then walked over to the boys. "It was wonderful to meet you Neji," he smiled at Deidara and kissed the top of his head "love you kiddo, see you when I get home."

Deidara's face became a bright red "dad, I'm not a little kid anymore....." he was thankful that his blonde bangs covered most of his face. He heard Neji snickering beside him as his father left so the blonde shoved him lightly "shut up,"

The two hung out in the living room, lounging on the couch. Deidara looked at Neji, who was currently examining the ends of his hair. "Dead ends?" The blonde asked with a smirk. The other boy rolled his lilac eyes with a smile "no it's not that. I was just thinking about well.....changing the style I usually have my hair in." He explained as he dropped the strand of dark brown hair he was holding onto. Deidara knew that struggle, for he too had pretty long hair. Not as long as Itachi's had been or how long Neji's is currently but, he had gone through this thought process before.

Deidara laughed "I get you. I used to wear my hair in a low ponytail like how you do but I got tired of that and change it to the style I usually keep it in now and, I'm happy with how I pull it off. Of course I will always keep my signature bang style." He exclaimed. Neji just chuckled and threw a pillow at his friend "you look like a prep boy trying to fit in with the emos,"

The continued to laugh at the random conversations they continued to have and at what they would watch on TV. Of course that was until a phone started to ring. The ring tone was Mr.Brightside by The Killers. Deidara looked over at Neji who shrugged and laughed as he reached for his phone "what? They're my favorite band." The brunette's smile dropped once he saw the caller ID and looked at Deidara then back to his phone "it's Shikamaru...."

Deidara stood up, walked over to his friend and swiped the Samsung phone out of his hand. "You're not answering it. You two are going to talk in person once we get back to school" Neji gave him a look of disbelief "Deidara come on, give me my phone back. Holding it above your head wont work, we both know I'm taller than you" The blonde frowned "yeah, not by much though."

The brunette sighed and lunged for his phone, only to end up tackling both him and the blonde to the floor. Deidara lightly shoved the taller boy away and stood up, taking Neji's phone and set it on top of the fridge. Of course as he does this, his own phone rings. He grabbed the iPhone seven plus out of his hoodie pocket upon hearing the ring tone. He stiffened when he saw the contact name.

Tobi The Happy Go Lucky🍡

He stared at his phone for a couple seconds, remembering when the Uchiha set his contact name. He hadnt changed it even after learning his real name. He looked over to his friend who was leaning against the wall with a concerned look. Deidara sighed and his thumb hovered over the answer button

"I'll be right back Neji."

He went into a different room and shut the door quietly and then answered the phone

"Hey Obito...."

"Dei...I'm glad you answered. I've been trying to contact you for a while now."

Deidara gave a deep sigh "yeah...yeah I know..."

"You've been ignoring me though...which is understandable. I over stepped my boundaries and I wanted to apologize."

Deidara tried to think of words to say but yet again, he couldn't. Obito again had him in a situation to where he felt as if he lost his voice. "Obito...I appreciate your apology, I know I definitely made it difficult. I just...you freaked me out. If you like guys then, I don't have a problem with it but..." he trailed off. He was going to say 'I dont see you that way but something stopped him.

"But what?"

The blonde again, had to find his voice "nothing. Forget about it. Uhm...the gang is gonna meet up at the park on Tuesday, I figured I should let you know."

"Thanks..hey Dei listen. That kiss uhm...." it was Obito's turn to trail off "never mind. I'll tell you another time."

The two said their goodbyes and Deidara joined his other friend in the living room. He sat down next to him and tried to calm his heart.

It was the first time that Deidara had come to realize, not only had he not minded the kiss that Obito had given him.

But, he also had growing feelings for the boy.

----------

Guys oh my Thoth. I am so sorry that it took so long to get this chapter out
I've been stumped with school work lately and I havent had my drive activated yet so, that got in the way. But AAAA it feels so refreshing to get this chapter out and to finally get the whole point of this book moving. Again, I'm so sorry for the wait and I hope you guys enjoy