Court drama.

Just as i was getting myself ready to go to court, i got a call from Scarlet. I told her that she'd have to take care of the hotel, i wouldn't come in today.
Getting to court it was already past the starting of the case.

Shit.

I breathed deeply and walked in quietly. My eyes training on Bale. He caught sight of me and smiled slightly. I did too and took a seat near the front, on the left side.

I roamed my eyes over the four men seated at the front, two seats infront of me. I noticed Nate?
He was Alex's lawyer?
Of course, it's his brother, dumbass.

Alex was on his left, in a well fitting black suit in guessing because of his  suit jacket. His hair was well kempt and the messy curls tamed. He looked delicious. Yumm.

I then looked at the man, Kevin who had a swollen face, purple-black eyes. He looked pathetic. The man beside him was abit older, almost the age of my father.

I glared at Alex's back.
He was in jail all this time?
Why didn't he tell me?
It was all my fault.
Why didn't he want me to know?
Why didn't he call me?

I think he got the message and glanced over his shoulder, our eyes met and i forgot how to breathe.
He gave me a soft smile after glaring at me, trying to say something like, "what the fuck are you doing here?"
I shrugged and looked at Bale.
I saw him turn back and say something to Nate.

Kevin's attorney stood up, "your honour, if the defedants was badly hurt as they claim, why don't we have any evidence? Rather, why isn't she here to testify?"
Nate glared at the man, then looked at Bale, "your honour, this case is between the plaintiff and the defendant. We should leave the lady out of this."
The prosecutor stood, "why though? It's her fault we're here, isn't it?"
Nate glared daggers at the man, he would be six feet deep if looks could kill, "so breathing was her fault? Being there was her fault? Catching up with her college friend was her fault? Is that what you're trying to say?"
The man was quiet.
After a long question and answer, the court took a break.

I texted Nate to meet with me. I had gone to the rest room and taken the pictures they needed as evidence. The strangling bruises on my neck, the ones on my gut from his punches and his tight grip.
Then i went to talk to Bale.
"Hey?" i smiled at him.
He let me in his office.
"How have you been Gia? It's been a while," he opened his mini fridge and handed me a cold soda.
We talked a while, then i asked him to print the evidence they needed.
He was abit shocked on seeing the pictures. He felt sorry for me. I smiled sadly at him and told him we'd meet up for coffee later.
Then i called Nate and handed it to him in an envelope.

Back in court, the jury and prosecuter were all glaring at the pictures. They were not so interesting to look at, i know.

My heart was racing.
Alex was called up as a witness.
The moment he stood from his seat, his eyes met mine, and he smiled.
"Mr. De Lucca, did you mean to hurt Mr. Montegroe?" he was asked.
"No. Everything i did was to protect my date. For the love of God, he was choking her. No pun intended," he looked straight at the man.
The man looked unfazed but i saw him gulp, "couldn't she defend herself?"
Alex laughed, "are you kidding me? She has the body type of a sixteen year old girl. Look at this man, he is physically stronger. Definitely."
I glared at him.
I'm not that thin.
I mean come on, I'm thick, in the right places.
Uuurgh. Back to business.

Nate was chuckling.
I'll kill these two.
"This woman, is she your girlfriend?" the Kevin's attorney asked him.
He shaked his head, "no, she isn't. But she is definitely someone i care about. Deeply."
"How many dates have you been on?"
"Around two," he said.
"And here you stand saying you care about her, deeply. After a number of two dates. You really expect the court to beleive that?"
He looked at Bale, "yes, your honour, this woman is capable of doing things that make you care about her without even trying. We had this.. This connection. I didn't want to see her hurt. So i did what i had to."
Kevin's attorney spoke, "no further questions."

After another thirty minutes, the prosecutor stood.
"Mr. De Lucca, do you admit to hitting my client?"
He nodded, "yes. It was all in self defence."
"By self, do you mean yours or the woman?"
Alex signed and looked directly at me, "i needed to protect her. For the love of God. He was even trying to kill her by strangling her. I did what i had to do. And i would do it again if it means that her health or life is not at risk. If it meant she would be safe."
My heart almost broke out of it's cages.
"What is her name?  Maybe something along the lines of Maya... Mia maybe... "

"I can't say!"

"Was it an escort? A prostitute maybe?"

Nate glared and stood, "OBJECTION!"

Bale smirked at me, "Sustained."

After another two hours, the court was adjourned.
The verdict was to be made the next day,

What if he's found guilty?
Oh my God, Alex could go to jail because of me.
What will happen to Mason?
Fuck, Gia.

I called Nate and met up.
He said that Alex would be in the court cell for the night since his case was still continuing.
We said our goodbyes and i went over to the court cell there after.
"What's the name of the person you're visiting?" the warden asked.
"De Lucca Alessandro," i replied.
He looked through his book, "fifth cell to my left."
I nodded.
This place really gives me the creeps.
"Gurl, I'm right here. Wanna bang on the cell wall? I promise I'll be gentle," one man teased, eyeing me like prey though.
I ignored the slimy comments from those other guys, quickly walking to Alex's cell.

Alex was laying on the bed, his arms behind his head, his eyes on the celeing.
Too bad i had to disrupt his thoughts.
I cleared my throat.

He lifted his head slightly and looked at me, his eyes widened and he quickly scrambled to reach me, he frowned, "Everything okay?"
I took a breath and tried to restrain myself from rolling my eyes, "of course everything is not okay. This shit sucks."
He chuckled, "yeah, it does."
I looked away from him and faced the wall, before looking down at my shoes, seeing how wet they've gotten from the rains, "I'm sure you hate me right now more than ever."
He frowned, "i don't understand."
"You're in this situation because of me," i still held my gaze down.

He reached his hands over to my side of the bar and held my hands before gripping my chin and made me face him, "i could never hate you Gia."
"Well, now you have a reason to," i smiled sadly, "I'm sorry."
"I'm not," he shrugged.
"Not for that.. Okay even for that. But I'm also sorry i acted like a jerk. So i want to apologise for my last Friday and all the other times i acted like a douche."
He released my hand and chin, his jaw flexing, his eyes still holding the anger he had that night.

Fuck, he can hear my heart beating.

He cleared his throat, "so you're apologisong for what exactly? Your behaviour towards this dick head?"
I nodded and cleared my throat, "yes... Ummh.. I... Ummh..."
His eyes were dancing with amusenent at my apology.
The nerve of this guy.
"ummh.. Well, I've been acting like a snobbish bitch to you even when you try to get past all the immaturity you had before you went to college and all. So you've been acting nice?! My point is, I'm sorry."

His eyes lit up, like a kid who was promised a bag full of candy, "frankly, I'm not sorry for being here right now. It got you to swallow your pride. But all in all, i accept your apology."
I groaned and rolled my eyes at him.
He chuckled, "well, you could make it up to me by going out skiing with me when i get out of here."

"Okay, it's a date then," i smiled at him.
He smiled back, "it's a date."
Wait, what?
The fuck is wrong with me?

Hey y'all..
Vote.
Vote
Vote.
Vote.
I really love this chapter