“Yea what would I say? Get out of my way you big muscle bunched jerk!” I slammed my fist down on the table to help myself out. Few people started to stare at us and I laid my head down to cover up my red face. “I just want this day to be over with so I can go to the ice rink.”

It was like they knew me so well because that same moment the bell rang and I silently thanked God.  I went into study hall and sat down to read. Smiling at the book that I chose I noticed it was an ice-skating book. Flipping through the pages I turned to the page my parents were on. The page was about my parent’s life and what they did, even how they died. I was also mentioned in there and they even had a picture of us all smiling at the camera. A tear slipped from the corner of my eye and I felt a soft pat on my shoulder. Looking up I saw Trent looking at me and mentally groaned to myself.

“Hey,” his deep voice rang out making butterflies of nervousness float around my stomach. He had concerned written all over his face as he took the seat next to me. “What’s wrong?”

I glanced down at the page and back up at him, debating if I should tell him about my parents. I decided not to and closed the book, “nothing.”

He didn’t believe me of course by the way he was looking at me but didn’t push the subject any further. He got up and walked over to the other side of the room were the ice-skaters were sitting and sat next the captain. I rolled my eyes and went back to the book avoiding my parent’s page.

*** *

School was finally over which made me happy because I got to go to the rink. Walking into the room I was met by a breeze of cold air, making me shiver. I walked to the back of the bleachers and sat down, waiting for the girls to begin practice. Amazed at their unique skills I didn’t even realize that practice was now coming to an end and the girls were heading out.

Making sure to wait a few minutes I checked the locker rooms and offices to make sure no one was there before walking back to the rink. Setting up my iPod on the dock I brought I threw my jacket on and began to tie up my skates.

Once I was done I turned on my music and entered the rink. Making sure my hood was up I gracefully jumped and glided around just like in my dream. I imagined the bleachers filled fans cheering me on along with my parents. I smiled and began to pull into my last twist when something blurry caught my eye. I stopped and looked over, making sure to keep my hood down. Trent stood there watching me in awe at the back of the bleachers.

I felt my stomach twist and butterflies enter as I stood there eyes locked with Trent’s. I backed away slowly and skated to the other side of the rink. I slipped off my skates and tossed them into my open bag along with my iPod and dock. Looking over my shoulder I noticed Trent quickly making his way over to me. Panicking I jumped up and left out the back door making sure I didn’t slow down to check and see if he was coming.

I began to pant by the time I reached the end of the road. Stopping to see if I was being followed I readjusted my book bag on my bag and began my walk home. It was a good thing we didn’t live that far from the school.

Finally I reached home and walked into the house to hear nothing but dead silence. I couldn’t help but let out a long sigh of relief and happiness at the thought of being alone. I entered my bedroom and opened my bag to grab my skates. Reaching around I didn’t feel them in my bag and started to panic all over again. They weren’t in my bag with means they fell out at the rink… which means… Trent has them.

I groaned and fell over on my bed, grabbing my phone in the process. Dialing Jessie’s number it rang a couple of times before she answered. “Jessie I have a problem.”

There was a silence on the other end for a moment. “Did the coach see you?!” She squealed, causing me to yank the phone away from my ear. “Oh my goodness are you in jail?! I told you to be careful and now look at you!”

I rolled me eyes at how over dramatic she was. “No I am not in jail and no I was not get seen by the coach. I was seen by-“ I began before I was cut off by another squeal.

“The principal saw you!”

“Jessie would you please let me finish!” I exclaimed, tossing my hands in air. “I was seen by Trent…”

“That is a problem how?” She sounded bored of the conversation like this was nothing new. This was a major problem for me…

“He has my skates and I don’t want him to find out it was me because he could tell the principle.” I thought of all the horrible things that could and would happen if the principle found out. No one was aloud on the rink besides the ice-skaters. I could get kicked out of school, that’s something I couldn’t have happen!

“Well then you just lost a pair of skates,” she simply replied.

“Those were my mom’s skates!” I whined while tearing up a little. I couldn’t believe I lost the one thing that I held dear to me. I felt so empty inside, so lost and now I couldn’t even skate. Something I had to do, it was something to help me remember my parents.

“I am sorry but this will blow over in a few and hey maybe you will get your skates back. He might not care and toss them in the lost and found.”

I thought about it and agreed; yeah this should blow over in a few. Saying my goodbyes I headed off to bed ready for tomorrow to come. I might be able to get my skates back! Getting ready for bed I jumped in and fell asleep instantly.

The next day the same morning routine happened, got up, made breakfast, and went to school. Thinking it was going to be the same as usual I walked in the front doors and was met by something horrible. I looked over at Jessie and saw she had the same expression as I did. Oh no this wasn’t good, not at all.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what did you think? i hope you liked it i went ahead of what i was planning on uploading it just for you guys!(: please tell me what you thought about this chapter!

-Trackrunner14