Chapter 5 (Part 2)

Author's Note: I do not support the consumption of alcohol to the extent as described in this chapter, it's very unhealthy and dangerous!!! Stay safe <3

Lance slipped his phone into his pocket, resigned to the fact that Keith wouldn't be responding. He sighed, sludging towards his fridge and rummaging through it. The tall boy slid a bottle of cheap red wine out. Lance then chugged a generous amount, walking into the living room to slouch into a ragged chair. After a while, he had drained half the bottle, his thoughts and impulse control leaving him.

"I wish... it was different," slurred out a now drunk Lance. He felt a tear slip down his face, rapidly followed by a steady stream. "I thought we were going to spend our lives together and I didn't even get to know you." Lance lost his grip on the bottle, it crashing to the floor and breaking into shards and a dark pool of liquid. He shakily stood up, trying to figure out what to do. In the midst of this, Lance heard a knock on his door. He stumbled to open it, fumbling with the lock and slowly dragging it open. "I did'n order pizza," Lance said before looking at the visitor.

"Lance... are you drunk?" Keith stood in the doorway with a shocked expression

"Keith!" Lance jumped in shock, rushing into Keith's arms. "Why didn't you answer my text?" Keith stood in surprise, not knowing what to do.

"When I got your text I rushed over... can you, uhm... get off?" Keith awkwardly stood, Lance disentangling himself with a sad expression.

"You don't like me anymore, do you?" Lance stepped back, glaring at Keith.

"Wait were you crying?" Keith noticed Lance's tear streaked face and red eyes. Lance continued to glare, ignoring Keith's question, making the latter sigh. "Of course I still like you, how could I not?" Keith walked into the apartment, closing the door behind them. He then reached out to Lance, wiping the tears of his face. "I'm so busy right now... I forgot about everything important to me. I wanted to tell you everything, but... I don't think we should have this conversation when you're drunk." Lance stared into Keith's eyes, nodding softly and letting out a hiccup.

"Can you hold me?" Lance looked down, his eyes brimming with tears. Keith nodded, wrapping his arms around Lance and reaching up to stroke his hair.

"I'm sorry for not hugging you before... I know you're hurt... I just didn't feel comfortable with the situation." Lance's only response was another hiccup. Keith shifted his head to see Lance's buried in his neck, gazing with softened eyes. Suddenly, a snore escaped from the taller boys mouth, causing the other to break into laughter. He then moved his arms to pick the sleeping boy up, Lance's arms still clinging around him. Keith carried Lance through the apartment, trying to take everything in due to it being his first time there; due to this, Keith noticed the broken bottle and paused in shock. "Lance..." Keith trailed off, gripping the boy tighter, eventually finding the bedroom. He layed Lance in the bed, slowly tucking him in. Keith stared at him sadly, running his deft fingers through Lance's soft brown hair. "I promise to do better." Keith left the room, searching for cleaning supplies. He then returned to the living room, cleaning up the broken wine bottle. Keith tugged out a paper, pencil, and stone that he had shoved into his pockets as soon as he awoke, knowing that he would need them for some reason. He wrote everything that had happened that night on the paper, promising to explain everything that had been happening to him prior in the near future. Keith then left a small turquoise stone on top of the paper on the kitchen counter, finally leaving the apartment to head home.

Author's Note: sorry for the short/ bad chapter!! I realized I hadn't updated in a long time and felt bad so I wrote something in a much shorter span than I usually would. I hope you enjoy!