Chapter 1

"I'm lonely," Lance crooned over his steaming coffee while sighing dejectedly. Hunk sighed back at him before taking a sip of his own beverage.

"Look Lance. You do this everyday. I hate to say it, but you might need help." Hunk shrugged at his best friend, wincing at Lance's jaw-dropped expression.

"Like... a dating app?" Hunk sighed again, pushing his coffee aside to concentrate on the conversation. Lance followed in surprise, Hunk never abandoned his favorite mocha from his favorite coffee shop.

"No," Hunk crossed his arms to show his seriousness before continuing, "I mean spiritual help." Lance sputtered in shock, about to tell Hunk how much that was the last thing he needed, but Hunk continued before he could. "I know a guy. He's the real thing, I promise. I never told you, but, he's actually how Shay and I got together."

"I don't have enough money to waste on some fake ass psychic shit." Lance crossed his arms in defiance, leaning back in his chair and looking away.

"Why's Lance pouting this time?" Pidge plopped into a chair in between Lance and Hunk at a small, wooden brown table, setting down their steaming black coffee and looking between their two friends.

"I wanna take him over to Keith for some love help," Hunk replied dully, grabbing his drink before gulping down the now luke-warm coffee.

"Keith?" Lance glanced at Pidge out of the corner of his eyes, shocked to see them beaming at Hunk in anticipation.

"Wait, you believe in this crap too?" Lance dragged his hand through his hair, finally drinking his cappuccino.

"Of course! Magic is just an extension of natural science, it's so cool that people can harness the essence of nature and-"

"Yeah, ok, I get it, you're a nerd," interjected Lance. He looked between his friends, sighing in resignation. "Just take me to this Keith dude already."

~

Keith laid out his collection of Rose Quartz and other similar stones and crystals, sensing what his next customer would come for. He sighed, already knowing the trouble he would have convincing them that he was the real deal. The raven-haired boy then slipped on his own Rose Quartz pendant, a gift from his mother. He knew that this one would be special. He placed gentle fingers on his wrist, checking for his Azurite beaded bracelet. All was in place. Just in time, he strolled over to the front door, opening it with a flourish and smirking. Keith's eyes were met by three others, but he only payed attention to one. A tall tanned boy in the center, with swimming blue eyes staring back into Keith's.

"Hello Lance. Would you like your fortune read," asked Keith nonchalantly. Lance looked back and fourth between his friends, both of which were snickering and gesturing him forward. Lance met Keith's eyes again, looking more determined than Keith had expected.

"Yes please." Keith smiled again, turning around and leading Lance behind a beaded curtain. As they walked further into the dim shop, Hunk and Pidge started to whisper to each other.

"Doesn't he usually refuse to do readings," asked Hunk with a giggle.

"Yeah. And did you see the necklace that he was wearing? According to my research, that's a Rose Quartz, a stone associated with opening the heart chakra for love, specifically including romantic love," Pidge replied while adjusting their glasses and smirking.

"Oh dude you know what that means. He's totally-"

"I can hear you, you know." Keith turned back slightly, pausing in front of the curtain. Lance looked at his friends in confusion, as he couldn't hear anything. They both broke out into laughter, Keith chastely shaking his head before disappearing behind his curtain. Lance hesitated before following the mysterious boy into an even darker room. As he hadn't had time to take in the rest of the crystal-filled shop, he attempted to pay more attention to this room. It was a small, square room; the size of a walk in closet. It's walls were a dark purple covered in stars of a mysterious glimmering material. The ceiling was high, covered by a large crystal chandelier and many hanging crystals of varying sizes and colors. The floor was submerged in mauve pillows; a small ,circular black table made of wood emerging from the center of the room. On top of it was a clear crystal ball. The room was otherworldly. "Take a seat." Lance looked down to see Keith already seated across from him, gesturing for him to sit where he was standing. Lance carefully sat down, meeting Keith's eyes once again. They were a beautiful amethyst purple, and it looked as if they held sparkles. They glowed brighter than the stars that were the rooms only source of light. "Ready," Keith asked in a low, husky voice. Lance nodded.

The mysterious boy muttered some words, staring into the crystal ball. Lance took the opportunity to take in the other boy. He wore a baggy black sweater over some ripped black skinny jeans. They were tight. He glanced down to see black vans with no socks. He shivered in disgust. Lance moved his eyes to look the ball. As he concentrated, trying to imagine what Keith could be seeing. Slowly, the curious boy started to see fuzzy images. He leaned forward in shock, concentrating harder. He saw Keith, but not really Keith. Keith with a glowing smile and warm eyes. Keith, holding his hand. Keith with a wedding ring. Lance's eyes grew wider as he realized what he was seeing. His own romantic future, with Keith. He glanced up from the ball as the images faded, staring at Keith in numb surprise. Keith looked frustrated.

"W-what's wrong?" Lance asked in a shaky voice. What if Keith was mad that he saw them together? Keith looked up to Lance, his eyes softening.

"I couldn't see anything." Keith brushed his hands through his hair, moving to hold his bracelet covered wrist. Lance relaxed in confusion. Why had he seen it and the psychic hadn't?

"Has that happened before," Lance attempted to question in a calm voice. Keith stared into Lance's eyes, a blush forming onto his pale cheeks.

"Yeah... I can't see my own future." Keith shrugged his sweater over his hands, entangling them in his lap.

"Hey dude. I, uh, saw stuff in the ball," replied Lance as lightly as possible. Keith raised his eyebrows, before smiling genuinely.

"What did you see?"

"You." Lance winked, ignoring how hot his cheeks were getting. Both boys shared a long smile, feeling awkward, but happy.