Chapter 3

"So... how are you and Keith?" Pidge wriggled their eyebrows at Lance, sitting at their usual coffee table with Hunk. Lance uncomfortably looked into his coffee, his expression becoming disconcerted.

"I texted him, but, all of his replies are so short and they don't go anywhere. I actually stopped trying about a week ago..." Pidge and Hunk exchanged worried glances before placing their full attention on Lance.

"Maybe he's not a good texter? I actually wanted to pick up a necklace for Shay, for our one month anniversary. Do you want to come," Hunk asked. Lance undecidedly sipped his hot drink, shifting his gaze to the pink pendant hanging from his neck.

"I don't know..." Lance sighed and reached a hand to the pink stone. "I guess it can't hurt to try." His friends could detect the uncertainty to his voice, but also recognized a newfound determination to try and rekindle things with the boy of his future. After finishing their coffees, the trio left the coffee shop to go to Keith's store. Lance nervously fixed his hair and clothes, not noticing their arrival amongst his thoughts. Pidge and Hunk nudged hum forward, wanting him to be the first person Keith saw. Lance panicked, backing up. "What if he's just not interested?"

"Of course I'm interested. Lance, you're my soulmate." The tall boy jumped, looking from the ground to the door in front of him. In it stood a gorgeous Keith, his hair messy, and in his usual dark, baggy sweater, black skinny jeans, and black vans. Keith looked back st Lance, taking in his black sweatshirt with a blue thrasher design, along with light blue jeans and white adidas. The smaller boy smiled in awe. "You're even more beautiful than in my dreams." Both boys blushed, Keith realizing what he had implied.

"You dream about me," Lance questioned with a red face and a similarly awed expression. Hunk and Pidge snickered, edging into the store around the already love-struck pair.

"How could I not?" Lance hesitantly stepped forward.

"I thought that you had lost interest," muttered the blue-eyed boy, timidly looking at the ground by his feet. Suddenly, he felt a warm hand cup his cheek, tilting it to face the owner of said hand. Lance made eye contact with Keith's now burning amethyst eyes.

"I could never, even if I wanted to. What made you think that?" Keith's fierceness dripped into concern, shifting his head to lean against Lance's.

"Your texts," replied Lance absentmindedly, as he was distracted by Keith's face so close. He could see every glitter and color in his purple eyes. The tall boy sighed, leaning into Keith and reaching a hand to stroke his cheek.

"Oh, I can see what you mean. I'm sorry, I've been very busy and I didn't think about how my lack of response would make you feel." Lance hummed in response, not caring anymore.

"It's weird how we're so close when we're together. We're basically strangers." Keith chuckled in response, reluctantly pulling back.

"I think it's because we're meant to be together. I mentioned it earlier, but I think we're soulmates." Lance lightly guffawed, but moved his hand to grip Keith's regardless.

Author's Note: another short chapter! I'm sorry, I wanted to post content but I'm a bit upset that I lost my writing. I had written most of a very long chapter, and it feels counterproductive just rewriting it. So I'm writing this instead!
I actually forgot about this until I saw that some people had left some stars, so thank you! So the message is: if you want to remind me to write shower me with love and affection.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy another fluff chapter !