10|Some Kind of Day

10|Some Kind of Day

TRIGGER WARNING:
Strong language. Sexual content. Mature content.

The next morning Daniel and I were up bright and early getting ready for reverse brunch. I was ready for the most part, all I had to do was work some leave-in conditioner into my hair and pick it out. Daniel however, was still in the shower and he'd been in there for half an hour already.

"Daniel this isn't going to make the day go by any quicker. Not like that 3-in-1 body wash does much anyway." I said as my pick broke some of the hair in a less moisturized area. I hissed and set it down, deciding to give my hand a break.

"Who says that's what I'm doing? I'm just showering, making sure I'm extra clean and presentable for Declan and Natalia." Daniel responded, tone drenched in sarcasm.

I rolled my eyes. "A star athlete, an Artist and a Diva. I hit the jackpot." I said as I rose my pick again. I heard Daniel cackle from the other side of the shower curtain and smiled while tanking my hair upwards.

"You forgot stallion but I'll let it slide this time." He said, his voice still shaky from laughing.

I bit my lip. "Until you provide evidence I can't validate your claims." I said trying not to smile. Things got heated last night and it felt amazing being in sync with him in that way. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to take things even further.

He snorted. "I'm gonna make you eat those words, Evans." My boyfriend promised. I laughed and stepped out of the bathroom, shutting the door so he could finish in peace.

The moment I slid into my shoes I heard a knocking from downstairs. I opened the door and came face to face with Liam. I knew I'd run into him yet the moment I opened the door my entire mood shifted. "Oh, it's you." I said with a frown.

"Who else would it be? I'm the one that lives here." He retorted without wasting a beat. Liam's tone was nasty and hateful. I stepped out of the way, ignoring him as I walked back up the stairs.

"Wait you slept upstairs? My mom said you slept on the couch." His tone was laced with confusion. He must've noticed the couch had been completely untouched, knowing Liam probably examined it just to be sure.

A mischievous smirk spread across my lips. I could tell him about Daniel and I, the look on his face would be priceless. However I won't say anything unless Daniel is okay with it. So instead of letting him have it I turned around and came up with another response. "Yeah the WiFi wasn't working well down here. Besides Daniel didn't mind." I said shrugging.

I could tell he was suspicious from the look in his eye but there was nothing Liam could do. "I'm sure he didn't." He responded under his breath.

I ascended the rest of the stairs just as Daniel stepped out of the bathroom. "Whew! I feel like the cleanest man on the planet." He announced. Daniel walked across the room in strides, putting a strain on his poor towel and offering my eyes something to ogle.

"You did just take an hour-long shower so maybe that's why... I don't know, though, I'm a little burnt out from getting ready." I said with a playful grin. I leaned over the bed to grab my phone off of the charger.