I sluggishly pushes my hair away from my face. Through the dimness, her tired eyes twinkled and she looked like she hasn't felt so comfortable in a million years.
I felt the same.

"I mean," I shifted my body closer to her, "You know, you're one of the only people I sorta like arguing with. You Zoe, and Jared I guess."

Y/N smiled laid down against the pillow. "Nice to see you guys are getting along." She paused as I ran my fingers through her hair. "Wow, I do sound like a mom.."

"Yep," I popped the 'p' as I slid down next to her. "Don't get me wrong, she's annoying, can and will act like a bitch, and other shit, but she's my sister."

Huh, didn't think I'd be saying that in front of someone..

Inhaling the scent of the soft cold pillow, my eyes started to get heavy. Our conversation slowly ended and soon the room went silent.

"Wait, Jared?" Y/N suddenly asked.

"Don't get me started," I snorted as I shut my eyes. She lightly chuckled and didn't ask any more questions, probably already knowing the answers.

"Goodnight Connor," Y/N calmly sighed.

I smiled into the pillow as my heart skipped about a thousand beats. "G'night Y/N."

•••

My eyes immediately flew open as thunder roared from outside. The lights were on in the room, so Y/N or someone probably wanted to look for something.

When I looked at the edge of the bed though, I noticed only my suitcase and backpack were put away. Y/N's were still packed, and she was sitting on her end of the bed, her back facing me and her eyes glued to the window. Her sleeping outfit was still on.

I didn't bother to check the time.
"Y/N?"

Nothing came from her.

"You alright?" I sat up and slowly reached out to her, but she slapped my arm away without looking.

I ignored it. She definitely wasn't feeling well though, her breathing was heavy.
And my concern wasn't subsiding.
"Hey, if you want you can talk-"

"SHUT UP!" Y/N spun around, her eyes bloodshot. She obviously didn't give a shit about Zoe and Evan in the other room.

I noticed my own tone shifted. "What the hell!?"

"Don't fucking talk to me, okay? I don't need your help!" She growled, her voice now devoid of anxiety.

I tried to slide out of bed but my body felt like a weight. Shaking, I turned to her. "HEY! TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON!"

The girl stood up stiffly and scooped up her backpack. Her suitcase was already near the open bedroom door. Standing in the doorframe were Zoe and Evan, who crossing their arms. They shot me disgusted looks.

My heart started to race. "The fuck are you two-"

"The car's here, Y/N." Evan said.

"Need help?" Zoe asked sympathetically.

Again, nothing from Y/N.

Zoe and Evan disappeared back into the hallway. Y/N took one glance at me, her sharp words pierced through me like a knife.

"I never needed you or loved you, you know."

•••

"CONNOR!"

The most I could feel was a soft, warm hand violently shaking my own. I quietly gasped as I came to my senses and woke up in a cold sweat. Now my breathing wasn't even.

I met the face of the person sitting right next to me criss-crossed on her of the bed. The window behind her was covered with water droplets from the rain and the flash of lightning illuminated the room for a second.

Y/N's hand that was planted on top of mine lifted as I yanked it away. Her shocked expression faded as she awkwardly took her hand back.

Words fell out of my mouth quickly. Too quickly.
"Don't fucking touch me!"

A/N: ah yes the 'dream chapter'
because you just can't have a fic without one.

tbh i'm lowkey a sucker for those hehe

aight so my goal is to upload one or two chapters a week, maybe three if i don't get distracted which probably would be pretty rare buT YOU N3vEr kN0W

hope you enjoyed this one :))