19 - OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN

"SEEING that goofy smile in your face tells me that the talk has done you good."

She smiled wider at her friend. She is currently at BUMMER'S.

Her day did not start the way she expected but it did not end worst. She and Heidi made up and she has a positive feels that there would be more better days.

"Drinks on you?"

Bernadette sat beside her. They both leaned their back on the counter as they watch the almost packed bar. It was only nine in the evening.

"Keep them coming." She responds.

Her friend's grin widen. She asked for cocktail drinks from the bartender.

"Where did Ginger stay?"

"I don't know. I haven't return to the office after I went to Heidi's. Faye just keep me posted."

"What are you going to do with your ex-wife?"

"My personal life is separated from my professional life."

"Those things collide sometime in your life."

She went silent. Her friend was right as usual.

"Heidi is good for you." Bernadette said, changing the topic.

"I know. I'm keeping her."

"Bullshit!"

She almost have a whiplash when she turned to her friend. Bernadette is grinning like a mad woman. She wondered what sort of drugs she took this time. Not that her friend is a crack addict. Or, is she?

"What is wrong with you, B?"

Bernadette grabbed her shoulder and shake her until she almost fell in her chair.

"Oh my G, K. You're becoming human indeed."

Still frowning, she removed her best friend's hand from her offended body. She sipped her drink that the bartender gave a while ago.

"You're falling for that teacher, Kayla King."

"I am."

Her friend laugh giddily. Careless of the people looking at her. "The drinks are on me this time, my friend."

Instead of responding, she obtain her phone from her pocket when she felt it vibrate.

Go home. You have work tomorrow.

She smiled. The text message was from Heidi. She told her girlfriend that she will be at BUMMER'S tonight.

"What did Heidi say?"

"How did you know it was Heidi?"

"You're smiling like an idiot."

She chuckled instead of being offended. She took another sip and stood up.

"I'm going home. My future wife said I should."

"Whipped bitch."

"Whipped but happy. Find your own man, my friend. Or woman, if you wish. We, lesbians, love our woman better."

"Go home, K. You think like a drank."

She chuckled again. Goodnight, B."

"Night, my friend."

She left BUMMER'S as if she have wings on her feet. So, this is how it feels like to have someone care for you?

She smiled to herself. There is no better way of ending this day.