9 - WHAT'S HER NAME?

KAYLA asked for a drink from the bartender as she sat. Bernadette's bar is packed as usual. She named it BUMMER'S.

This is the second time she visited her friend's bar since she was back.

She sip from her drink the same time as her friend sat beside her.

"Garry, beer please." Bernadette faced her. "What did you do? The last time you have that face was when your marriage fell apart."

She opted on ignoring her friend's observation. She drink instead. Her glass is almost empty. Bernadette take a swig from her beer, too. She asked for a refill of her drink.

"Who's the lucky girl?"

She groaned. She placed her forehead in the counter and gently bang her head. "Damn."

Bernadette knew that she is a lesbian. A lipstick lesbian. She came out when she was in college.

When she was younger, she knew that there is something different in her. She was never attracted to any male species. She thought that it has to do with not growing up with a male figure. She had girl crushes but never dig deeper.

However, when she left her mother to be with her father she realize that she was batting for the other team. She told her mom about it. Like any other parents, Cherry thought that it was just a phase. When she told her that she have a girlfriend, her mom did not talked to her for two weeks. After a few heart to heart talked, Cherry finally accepted that she is not going to have a son-in-law but rather a daughter-in-law.

"Fuck."

"That's new. You never cursed twice in one sitting."

"Damn, damn."

"I will ask again, K. What did you do?"

"I asked her to marry me."

Bernadette's eyes widen. "W-what?"

"Yeah."

She empty her glass in one swig. The bitterness of the alcohol caress her throat.

"Wow! Cheers!"

Her friend touched her glass with her bottle of beer before drinking. She scowled at her instead.

"What's her name?"

She stared at her friend. Her mouth went ajar when she remember something.

"I, I didn't get her name."

"Fuck you, Kayla King!" Her friend yelled then pulled her hair hard.