14 - SHE SAID YES

"DO you miss me?"

Kayla did not even bother to looked up when Bernadette barged into her office. Her friend planted herself in the couch.

"King, give me some love."

Without even a glance, she knew that her friend rolled her eyes due to her no reaction.

"It's too early for you to be here." She commented while reading the document in her hand.

"I got bored."

"Don't you have any documents to sign in BUMMER'S?"

"I've finished it yesterday."

"A date perhaps?"

"Tomorrow."

"Why don't you sleep instead?"

"No, no, no." Bernadette answer in a singsong manner.

She did not utter a word. She just continue studying the file in her hand. A few minutes later, Faye peeked at the door.

"A certain Heidi Capinpin is asking for you."

"Let her in."

"Let me remind you also that you have lunch with Mr. James." She nodded.

She put the document down and wait for Heidi to enter the office. It has been a week since they had a talk.

The young woman was wearing a pair of skinny jeans that hug her wide hips. Her lose shear blouse did not conceal her big bust. Her short hair is in ponytail that showed her neck adorned with silver necklace.

Her attention went to her friend when she made a gentle cough. She wanted to throw the paper weight to her face when found her friend grinning from ear to ear. She felt flush that her friend witness how she almost gawked at Heidi.

"Please sit down." She say instead as she focused her attention to her visitor.

"Thank you."

"I'm Bernadette. I'm the best friend." Her friend expressed the moment Heidi sat in the chair opposite hers.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Heidi."

"Hello, Heidi. If you wanted to know more about my friend, visit me at the BUMMER'S."

"Thank you for the heads-up, B."

Heidi's attention went back to her. She found the younger woman's blush adorable.

"Can we talk?"

"B, I'll call you when I got the confirmation from Yna."

"Thank you, Kayla. I found your treatment very hurtful." She almost roll her eyes with her friend's dramatic response.

She waved her hand goodbye when Bernadette stood up.

She leaned in her chair and turned to Heidi when her friend close the door. The latter put her hand in her lap. She watched as the young mother bit her lower lip.

"If you are here to seduce me with those lips, you're succeeding."

"W-what?" Heidi's eyes widen.

"Have you decided?" She asked instead since she knew that it was the purpose of her visit.

"Yes."

"What was your decision?"

"Victor stopped showing in school. He might not be interested anymore since he already believed that were together."

"Alright."

"I'm sorry, Kayla."

"I'm good."

"I, I should go. Thank you for your time."

She give a nod followed by a smile. She sigh when Heidi turned her back. She direct her chair towards the glass window of the office.

She took a deep breath. She knew that what she felt at the moment is utter disappointment. She saw sincerity from the young woman. Heidi did not want to lead her on. Still, she was saddened by the outcome of her decision.

"What?! Mom, please don't let him get Diego."

Those words take her out of her reverie. She unconsciously stood up and reached for the keys. She moved quickly towards Heidi.

She spotted worries and fear in her eyes.

"I'll be there. Don't open the door until I get there, mom."

"Let's go."

She hold the short woman's hand and they walked out of the office.

"Faye, please re-schedule my 12 o'clock. I have an emergency."

The drive towards Heidi's house was nerve-wracking for the young woman. Through panic state, she learned from her that Victor is currently at their house. The guy wanted to get Diego.

Mrs. Capinpin, however, did not open the door when she saw that it was Victor outside the door. The jerk is barricading himself at the front door and harassing the old woman.

The moment they stopped, Heidi moved out of the car and walked faster that her legs could.

The asshole is indeed posted in front of the house.

"Get out of my house!" She heard Heidi yell.

"I will not leave until I get my son." Victor counter back.

"Leave or I will call the police."

"No!"

Victor knocked forcefully on the door. Heidi pushed him away but the guy pushed her back. On reflex, she swiftly grab Heidi before she collapse on the floor.

"Leave this premises, Victor, or I will charge you with trespassing and attempted kidnapping."

"You're with this dyke again, Heidi?"

"It's none of your business. Leave us alone."

"I will not allow this dyke to------"

"That dyke is my fiancée."

"But, Heidi, you're not a lesbian."

"Leave now, Victor."

Aggravated, "This is not finished."

Breath still heaving, Heidi watched Victor leave. She stood beside her as she, too, stared at Victor's retreating figure.

"Fiancée, huh?"

"Just make sure of the safety of my son, Kayla King."

"Yes, ma'am."

She grinned. She turned to the door and knocked gently.

"Mrs. Capinpin, It's Kayla."