Chapter 17

The perfect couple doesn't exist, there isn't a couple in the world that doesn't fight. No one is that perfect so putting two not perfect people together doesn't make a perfect couple

Sure I believe there people who are perfect for each other , but no perfect couple exists.

No matter what you do , how him much time you have been together, not even the late night texts or hugs from behind.

Your relationship will never be perfect, but it's about how you work through the fights , the arguments.... that's what matters.

—————————————

A lazy Friday morning, no one but me home alone in a home that's not even mine. But I love being alone, I got good at it, maybe to good at it even.

A pick up my romance novel , a common thing for me to be doing these days. The thoughts of two periods finally finding happiness, reminds me of now.

A warm blanket draped over me and a glass of alcohol free champagne in my hand.

My buzzing phone vibrated steadily beside me on the couch, my eyes rolling as I pick it up

"Hey...Lillian what's up?"I ask curiously , she has never called me before, ever. "You can't date Lucien, Starr he's not a good man. Stop being a whore"she says flatly , and I open my mouth in shock 

"Lillian what's gotten into you, my relationship with Lucien has nothing to do with you. I'm sorry but he is a good man, to me he's great even"I say spinning the champagne around the glass.

"You don't even know what he does for a living, starr stop being such a naïve prostitute"she screams at my through the phone. "I have no interesting what he does for work. Lillian tell me what's bothering you, this isn't you..."

She hold back for a few seconds, almost as if she knew it wasn't. "Well it is me. If you weren't such a dumb slut you would realize he's not the one for you. Maybe you should search up just how "good" of a man he is."

"Lillian..."I Whisper my hand over my mouth and a silver tear streaming down my cheeks

"Dump him now or face the consequences."
The line went dead, the phone pressed to my ear and a sob escapes my mouth.

My hand shakes as I place the phone on my lap. I shake my head, whiping the tears away with my right.

I close my eyes, it wasn't my place to search up his history up. Just like it isn't his place to search up mine.

"starr I though you where..."a voice echoes through the house. I quickly while my tears away with my sleeve standing up to face Rafiel.

"At work...are you ok?"he asks noticing my puffy eyes and flushed skin, damn it. I smile at him quickly "I wasn't felling good and my friend she..."I sob trying not to cry but failing terribly.

"She called me and was just saying some bad things, it really nothing I'm just emotional"I say and he looks at me not believing half of my story. But I smile at him anyways.

"Are you ok?"he asks and I nod , my smile dropping and I walk away tears in my eyes.
"Starr"he calls after me following me into my room, opening my closed door.

"I'm fine"

He looks at me and shakes his head, pulling me into a hug. My face crying into his shirt and his hands stroking my hair. "It's ok starr, whatever happened I can...."

"What the fuck is going on here?"Lucien calls and I quickly back away to see him standing in the doorway. "Lucien..."I start but I'm interrupted by Rafiel

"Bro it's not what you think"Rafiel says quickly standing between me an the flaming Lucien. "So it's not my girlfriend and best friend standing alone in her bedroom while she's hugging you? It's not that?"Lucien booms

"She was crying, would you have rather I let her cry by herself?"Rafiel shoots and Lucien clenches his jaw.

"Rafiel..."I whisper grabbing his forearm, and looking at him. "You should go before someone gets hurt". Rafiel looks at me and at Lucien

"I'm not gonna leave you alone when he's like this."Rafiel shouts and I see Lucien take a step forward, seeing he doesn't likewhen my hands are

"He won't hurt me , just please go"I says tugging his shirt he looks at me with regret before rushing past Lucien leaving me and the flaming beast alone.

"How could you starr?"he yelled na DJ frowned at him. Does he really think I would ever do that to him. "I trusted you..."

"Jesus Christ I didn't cheat on you, do you really think that low of me? That I would go after your best friend in your own home?"I ask pacing the room shaking my hands out.

"Starr I know what I s..."he yells caging me to the wall, both of his hands pressed firm to either side of my head. "Lillian , called me. Saying you were no good for me, calling me and slut, a whore and a naïve prostitute. Things in which he called me things ,of which I am not."

"Why were you alone in your bedroom"he asked, clenching his jaw tightly at the words and the thoughts. I can only imagine how he's going to react when I tell him about the night I ran.

I body trembled , my head ached and my thoughts where clouded all by the stare of the man in front of me.

"He came in to where I was downstairs and saw me crying. I came up here, so I wouldn't cry in front of him but he followed. He hugged me , that's it." I say not stuttering once.

I close my eyes and sigh, my head pressing to the wall behind me. "How can I believe that it wasn't more for him?"he asks, pressing me to the wall.

I scowl at him, all my emotions filled in "I have no concern in the ways other men may or may not feel about me. As for you you can't just cage me between your arms every time you get over protective or mad."

I shove him away from me quickly and he stumbles back looking at me like I'm crazy "did you just push me?"he asked , and I smiled while rolling my eyes

"What are you going to do? Hit me, scream in my face, throw me out? I think I need you to leave me alone tonight for a little ,unless you wish me to leave"I sternly shout fire held between our two gazed, but what burns harder wood or metal?

"Starr I'm not going to throw you or touch you, and I'm not leaving you alone..."he clenched walking up to me put I place a hand on his heavily breathing chest, keeping him from coming close to me.

"Give me space tonight"I said pronouncing every word with sharp edges. Lucien's gaze turned from angry to pissed off as he turned and walked out the door, closing it loudly making me jump.

I close my brown eyes, hands fanning them to keep me from crying. What I always do was cry from fear or sadness, but these tears?

Was neither of those , but they were of guilt anger and regret. I shake my head, walking to the bathroom and running a bath.

Stepping inside without even taking my clothes off.Hugging my knees tight as I sit in the deep water, crying and missing him already.