Chapter 32: Consequences

Start from the beginning

After I was done I rinsed my face off with water before leaving the bathroom. While walking down the hall, I wondered if my clothes from last night were dry. My mind then wandered, thinking that I should possibly start keeping a stash of clothes here for the future. Besides the pj's I borrowed from Lauren, I didn't have anything else to wear.

I heard the clanging in the kitchen as Lauren sang to herself happily. When I finally made it there, I leaned against the doorway with a small smile on my face, amused at the way she let some lyrics slip. I stood there for a bit, watching as she danced about.

Just as she started to sing another song under her breath, humming to the parts she didn't know, I pushed myself off the wall and walked up behind her. Placing my hands on her hips, I dragged them around to her stomach until I was holding her with my chin on her shoulder. Seconds later she brought her hand to my cheek, which I pressed against with a small nuzzle and a hum of satisfaction.

I heard the smile in her voice as she mumbled, "I was thinking of pancakes this morning."

"Yum," I replied, rubbing my cheek against her hand before turning and nipping at her ear, "Sounds good to me."

She shivered and dragged her fingers to the back of my neck, scratching softly at my hair and skin, "Well it will be delicious if I actually had the space to cook."

"Then I guess we won't be having pancakes," I murmured in reply, sucking at a part of her skin.

Her back pressed more against me, leaning into my chest as she whined, "God if this is how it is seriously going to be, we definitely need to be good in the mornings."

"Why?" I asked, moving to brush her hair to one side as I kissed to the back of her neck.

"Because obviously we won't get shit done!" She complained, backing more into me after I took a nip at her skin.

I responded to the movement immediately, dropping my hands to her thighs before dragging up her hoody as I ran my palms to her waist. With a gentle grip of her hips I pulled for her ass to press against me more, replying "Doesn't sound bad to me."

She slowly started to grind into me, pulling at my neck slightly, "Please let me cook in peace."

I laughed, scratching her hips as I pointed out, "You want me to leave you alone but you are grinding your ass into me? Yeah right. Let's skip the pancakes. I have another meal in mind."

Finally, she twisted in my grip to face me. When her green eyes met mine, I gave a grin as she gave me a small little glare. With a poke at my chest, she said sternly, "There, no more grinding. Now go away."

I scrunched my nose in dislike, "But... but..."

"No buts!" She pressed, pushing at my chest to move away from her, "Go in the living room and wait until I finish."

Giving her a small pout, I let her push me away and grumbled, "Fineeeee."

She smiled as I left feeling completely bored. I plopped down on the couch just to make Lauren happy, but I didn't feel like watching TV. Instead, I turned on the radio, switch through music stations. As a random song poured into the living room, I lay back across the couch and stared at the ceiling. As I stared, my stomach twisted, and I knew exactly why but didn't want to think about it. Instead, I shut my eyes and listened to the music, pushing any thoughts out of mind.

The next moment I opened my eyes, Lauren was carefully lifting up my head. I allowed her to, too groggy to do anything else, and laid there on her lap in silence as I slowly woke back up. As I did, she played with my hair, her fingers dragging to my neck softly as she mumbled, "You fell asleep. Are you tired?"