Chapter 21: Close To You

Every so often I crave someone to scratch my back for me. No, not metaphorically, but literally have someone scratch my back. I don't know what it is, but when I feel nails against my skin at the places I can't reach, I just wiggle and get chills. It was like a weakness. Like having your tummy rubbed, someone playing and running their hands through your hair, or getting a full body back massage.

That being said, you could imagine my dilemma when I was at Lauren's, watching some TV, and an itch just appeared out of nowhere. I wiggled and flopped in my seat before whining out desperately, "Lo, you have to scratch my back or I'm going to flip the fuck out."

We had been sitting there quietly, you know, minding our own business. I had been texting Lucy, and I think she was texting Brad. When this outburst cut the silence, she kind of just blinked and glanced at me with an eyebrow raised. I stared, helplessly. With another blink, she turned back to her cell phone and poked away at the screen, answering simply, "Nope."

I was devastated. Practically rolling onto the floor from my seat on the couch, I tried to reach my back with a struggling hand as I kind of moved from side to side with my back on the floor. Lauren pretended not to notice, but I made it as noticeable as possible. I thrashed, whined, and practically yelled out a groan, "I CAN'T FUCKING REACH IT."

"I swear to god that I will murder you if you don't shut up! I can't concentrate on this text," Lauren snapped as I did my theatrical antics.

Sitting up, I clasped my fingers together and fell as I begged, "Please babe. I can't take this. If I don't get help here soon I will–"

"When the hell did you become so annoying to be around?!" She shouted as I grinned, knowing she had given in, "It's like I skipped that part of the relationship! Oh a person to take me to work every day? Right into, I will murder this girl if she speaks another word!"

Doing a happy little flop, I tugged my shirt completely off. Half way through, when my eyes were covered by fabric, Lauren asked, "Uh, what are you doing?"

When I was able to see her, I blinked. Then I said in an obvious sort of way, "Well there is no other way for you to scratch my back properly if I don't have my shirt off."

"Um..." Lauren started slowly, her eyes falling to my half naked body. My bra covered all that was important, but the way she stared made me feel like I had some third arm growing out of me. Frowning slightly, I offered, "Well, you can scratch my back with my shirt on if you are sooooo uncomfortable being around another girl."

Her eyes snapped to me, glaring. With an innocent grin, I watched her roll her eyes, "On your stomach before I change my mind."

I happily rolled over, resting my head on my folded arms as I attempted to get comfortable. I waited for a moment, my eyes closed. When I hadn't felt Lauren at all, I glanced back to see what she was doing. Her phone was in her hands, and she was texting away to whom I could only guess was Brad. With a roll of my eyes, I stated, "Yo, woman! I'm dying over here."

"Call me woman. One more time." Lauren said dangerously with a glance towards me, "And let's see if you still have your soul."

Raising my eyebrows, I cringed and looked away. Sheesh, she was being so touchy today.

Just when I was about to say fuck it and start rubbing my back against the carpet, I felt Lauren carefully climb on top of me, sitting cautiously on my back. I could feel how stiff and nervous she was; as if she thought she was too heavy for me. Finding that completely silly, because she was basically a leaf, I shook her by wiggling my butt. I glanced back to see her looking around in confusion before glaring at me. Grinning, I kept my mouth shut and closed back my eyes.