Kaboom

Emily's POVThe whole gang went out for drinks while I stayed home

Emily's POV
The whole gang went out for drinks while I stayed home. Before Caitlyn left she was begging me to join, I made up a quick lie that I felt really sick. When she left I got dressed and headed to STAR labs. Harrison did text me a few days ago asking me to meet him but I've been blowing him off, so I decided tonight is the night I stop avoiding him.

I arrived at the labs not knowing what to expect, I mean if this city has proven anything is to expect the unexpected. I walked out of the elevator and down to the Cortex where it was empty. I found a note with my name on it

Emily
Follow the rose petals.. there awaits a surprise.

I chuckled shaking my head. I walked around the desk to see Rose petals scattered in a line. I gasped at the sight, smiling as my cheeks turned red. I followed the petals to a closed door with a note that says "lift me up." I lifted up the paper, my eyes widen and I was smiling in excitement. Printed on the door
Emily Queen
Head of Legal

I opened the door to find Harrison smiling up at me, he was seated at a set table with food on it. Candles were lit all around the room as he held a bouquet of flowers..."welcome to your new office.. Miss Queen." He said still smiling

"Harrison.." I breathed, "this is all so amazing! Thank you.. thank you." I walked up to him hugging him. I pulled back and looked into his eyes, "this is the best apology ever" he chuckled, "Emily I want you to be happy.. it's time you know the truth."
"Ok..." I said pulling away from him and sitting across the table staring intently at him waiting for him to speak.

Finally he spoke up, "15 years ago.. I lost the love of my love.. Tess Morgan. After her death I moved to Central City, where I built STAR labs. Soon building the particle accelerator became the love of my life.. until it blew up in my face causing me to loose my company, my freedom, and faith. Then you.. Miss Emily Queen brought a new light into my life.. that I didn't want because I thought it would blow up like every good thing in my life has.. but I couldn't resist you. I need you Emily.. it wasn't my plan to fall for you.. but I did. Please forgive me for pushing you away and being so cold to you. You didn't deserve any of that."

"Harrison.." I said softly smiling and reaching across to hold his hand, "I want you more than anything.. I think we should start over. Forget about the fights we had and move forward." He smiled nodding his head, "we should.. now let's eat!" I giggled as I looked down at the beautiful dinner that was set and began eating.
-

The team had discovered a new criminal that had a thing for blowing things up...great.

To make matters worse General Eiling took over the investigation from the CCPD which meant I was stuck at the labs finding a legal loophole around this whole mess.

I'm sitting in my office looking over the suspect history in the army. I could hear Dr. Wells telling the team how he used to work with the General but cut off all research when Eiling wanted to turn the soldiers into human lab experiments.