Multiplex

Chapter 8

Emily's POVBarry had taken down Mardon and the world was at peace again

Emily's POV
Barry had taken down Mardon and the world was at peace again...for now.
"Hey Em" Barry walked in hugging me, he sighed heavily "ughhh I really needed that"
I laughed and melted into the hug.."you have noo idea" I said. He pulled away and said "I had a little meeting with your brother yesterday."
I looked at Barry in confusion.."what? Really? About what?" I grew angry, Oliver made it clear to me not to contact him but he was having a little date with Barry. "O-oh y-yea it was about work.." he trailed off sensing my frustration. I rolled my eyes sighing "he hasn't been returning my calls and he told me not to contact him.. was he ok?"
"Honestly he seemed fine Em." A beeping went off with that Barry was off in flash while Cisco instructed him where to go. I went outside of STAR Labs to call Ollie.
-
I walked back into the Cortex angry with my brother who I called 15 times with no answer! Dr. Wells was rolling out of the Cortex as Caitlyn was sassing Barry "don't expect me to patch you up every time you break something"
Dr. Wells stopped when he saw me walk in "Miss Queen please come to my office I have some legal documents to go over with you."
"Yes sir" I said softly. My heart was aching I don't know why it hurt me so bad that he rejected me. He was my boss nothing more nothing less. "Ha good luck with that Em!" Cisco said as him and Barry laughed. Caitlyn glared at them and softly nodded towards me.
-
Once again I walk into Well's office and he's too engaged in his work he didn't notice I was there. "Dr. Wells" he shot right up. "Miss Queen, please have a seat.. I have a few documents I would like you to look over, proof and legalize." He said rolling back and grabbing a folder with stacks of paper inside. I sat down next to him examining the documents.."Dr. Wells, these are all confidentiality papers.. but for whom exactly." I said flipping through the pages. "their for Mr. Allen.. with his capabilities we cannot risk people finding out his identity so to all the people that know that Barry Allen is the streak running across Central City they must sign these forms." He looked at me with a serious face. "Ok I'll have them ready for you by tomorrow morning."
"Thank you Miss Queen." He said still staring at me.
I hated it when he would look at me, I would get so lost in his eyes. I was scared he knew how much I liked him. I stood up breaking the spell "I'll go get started on these" he looked taken back and cleared his throat "Emily, I wanted to apologize.." I put my hand up stopping him. "Don't it's ok.. your right this was a mistake.. your my boss, nothing should have even happened." I walked away before he could get out another word.
-
"You lied to us! How could you not tell us you were experiencing dizzy spells?! We're your doctors!"
Caitlyn was scolding Barry when I walked in.
"Wow I haven't seen anyone make her that angry since Ronnie.." Cisco said sighing.
"Ronnie is the one who died during the accelerator explosions.." Barry asked looking at Wells
"Yes.. he is missed..now let's figure out why this is happening to you." I walked out the room as Caitlyn, Cisco and Dr. Wells set up the treadmill equipment to see why Barry was experiencing dizzy spells.
They all sat down looking at the computers while I stood back feeling useless watching them work.
"Heart rate, blood pressure, nerve conduction all normal" Caitlyn said shocked .."For Barry" Wells muttered.
"Brain function is ok"... Cisco laughed amazed at his work "I told you the treadmill could take it."
Dr. Wells grew frustrated scanning the functions... I walked over "um guys I think I know what is wrong."
They all looked at me confused, making me feel dumb for even speaking up I cleared my throat pointing at the screen "look at the glucose levels.."
They all eyed the screen "oh my god of course" Caitlyn said face palming herself. "It was so obvious"
"Barry we think we know what's causing it" Dr. Wells yelled into the mic. Barry then passed out, Cisco and Caitlyn took him to the med room. Once they walked out Dr. Wells looked at me .."Emily, that was a very good observation.. I can speak for the whole team that we are lucky to have you on board."
I smiled a bit, I was still upset with what happened earlier. "Thank you Dr. Wells" I said walking away
"Miss Queen!" He called out. I turned around slightly. He took off his glasses rolling closer to me and grabbing my hand. "I'm sorry about earlier."
I took my hand "I have to get back to work." I stated walking away.
-
I was back at Caitlyn and I's apartment while the team was helping Barry defeat "Captain Clone" when Dr. Wells called.

Hello Dr Wells
Hi Miss Queen, can you please come to STAR labs, Barry is close to catching this guy and I'm going to need legal papers made up for his capture.
Ok! I'll be right there.
-
I was in the Cortex with Cisco, Caitlyn, Joe and Dr. Wells as the were helping Barry defeat Multiplex. "Locate the prime!" Wells repeatedly yelled into the mic. After a few minutes Joe yelled into the mic "Barry are you alright? Barry!" We heard heaving breathing and Barry responded "yeah I'm alright.. it's done it's over." We all sighed in relief. Then we heard glass breaking and Barry yelling "HANG ON!"
"Don't" Barry was begging.. we all looked at each other silent.
-
As we all watched the news about Danton Blacks death Barry finally spoke up.. "I tried to save him."
"It doesn't sound like he wanted to be saved." Wells responded. I sighed and spoke up "Some people... when they break... they can't be put back together again." They all looked at me with sad eyes when I said that. Dr. Wells looked straight into my eyes.."some people heal even stronger." He said with a soft smile.
"I maybe the one in the suit doing all the running but when I'm out there helping people making a difference, your all out there with me." Barry said looking at each of us. We all smiled, the room filled up with a lot of emotions. Without anyone saying anything we knew that our team had grown stronger.  Barry continued "I finally realized something.. we were all struck by lightning that night."