Chapter 19: Party & Farewell

After the battle at the USJ, all the students were sent to their dorms, as almost everyone was fine. The only ones who were sent to the Infirmary were Asui and Mineta, even though they didn't have. All Might was sent to a private room in the Infirmary, as he was on his true form. But the one with the biggest problems was Midoriya. After he had eaten that piece of Nomu, something had awoken inside him. In that moment, Midoriya was on the rooftop of the dorms building, wearing blue pants and a black T-shirt with "All M" written on it. He was talking to Venom.

- *I still don't understand why we did it* - thought Midoriya - *But since the moment we tasted it, I've felt strange. Somehow stronger, but also weird.*

- *It's the Symbiote instinct* - replied Venom - *When we tasted the brain, the blood, it appeared. As I explained to you when we first met, Klyntars can feed off their host's energy when they are inside it, which you obtain from the food you eat. But when we adopt our external form, we can also eat like a human would. In that form we are carnivores, but we are especially attracted by brains due to certain substances that are obtained from that organ. When we first fused together, a part of my DNA combined with yours, and a part of your DNA combined with mine. That's why you had the reflex to eat that piece of Nomu. And now that it has awoken, you'll have to learn to control the urge for flesh.*

- Hey, Midoriya - Todoroki called him as he got to the rooftop - Everyone is looking for you, you should go to the common room.

- What is it? It's 20:00 - replied Midoriya - Didn't the party start at 21:00?

- I don't know - lied Todoroki - I was inside my room until they asked me if I knew where you were. I knew I would find you here.

- Okay then, let's go - said Midoriya with a smile which Todoroki knew was false.

They went to the stairs to go back to the dorms and then from there to the common room. When they arrived, the door was closed, which Midoriya found strange. But he didn't think too much about it, and opened it to get inside the common room. Whatever he had expected, it was not at all what was in front of him. The moment he opened the door, the lights turned on, revealing all of his classmates surrounding a table with a green cake on it.

- SURPRISE! - shouted everyone, even Todoroki.

Midoriya just kept silent, and looked at the floor, causing his hair to cover his eyes. Everyone stayed silent, expecting an answer of some sort, but Midoriya said nothing. Then suddenly, Midoriya sobbed and looked at them with a sincere smile, with tears in his eyes. Everyone went to hug him, which only caused Midoriya to start crying more. When everyone stepped back, Midoriya wiped his tears.

- But... why? - asked Midoriya.

- Because we know you don't feel allright - said Uraraka - Even if we don't know why, so we want you to know that you can count on us.

- We are all a big family now! - shouted Kirishima, earning his classmates approval.

- Now let's eat the cake! - said Mina excitedly.

- It was Todoroki and Bakugo who baked it, you know? - said Denki with a smile.

- We the two persons who know you the best - said Todoroki - So we thought it should be us who made a cake that you liked.

- This doesn't take away the fact that you are still a stupid Deku - said Bakugo with an angry look on his face. But then, his anger disappeared and he gave him a little smile - But you are still OUR stupid Deku.

Seeing that even Bakugou appreciated him a little caused Midoriya to feel deeply moved. But this also made he feel sadder about what he had to do, even if he didn't show it. They then began to cut the Mint-chocolate cake, which was a combination of Midoriya's two favorite flavors, and also his hair and eye colors. They all began to happily eat it. Bakugo and Todoroki knew well what to do inside a kitchen, so the cake was amazing. Everyone ate it happily, except Ojiro, as the cake's dough was partially elaborated with milk, and he was lactose intolerant. He ate an apple.